GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (June 28 - June 29, Las Vegas Sphere)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

More in the 15-20 mid-range I like the WHL wingers Iginla/Parascak/Ritchie, Greentree, Buium and MBN. Connelly/Chernyshov could slide. Overall it's a range for adding another winger I'd wager.

Still hard to gauge this Caps team given how weak their top six is. Realistically it's hard to imagine an in-season trade where they'd move their first. If they could dump Kuznetsov and add someone like Hertl...maybe? Even then they'd have to be playing very well to be that eager.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
According to moneypuck, we have a 4.2% chance of getting the #1 pick.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Mike Greenish. Even on a stacked team I'm not sure gets into the top ten...but around the mid-first I'd bite.

Reactions: usiel

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's an okay list, with few odd decisions.

Jiricek misses the season but stays at 9 and Kiviharju drops to 21 because of his injury? Odd. That said i think both will fall to ~20-30 range.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Tomorrow at 4pm on NHLN. Trevor Connelly was ranked ahead of Eiserman (ranked 8th) in Central Scouting's recent mid-term rankings.
How did he jump to BU at age 17? I have my thoughts on how he did it and thats cool

," NHL Central Scouting director Dan Marr said. "Celebrini’s an NHL All-Star in the making having displayed his NHL skills and attributes on the world stage, as a 17-year-old with Canada's World Junior Championship team and while leading Boston University and Hockey East in scoring.

That list has him as the top dawg this draft

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I think the wide open part is pretty accurate. Make it a bit more entertaining trying to figure out where players will go. These type of drafts are a bit more fun don the road when a re-draft order happens to see what teams picked well.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think there's a bit of separation in that the top 13 or thereabouts has separated from the pack. (I'd tend to put Yakemchuk ahead of Iginla and that's the group that aligns with Ellis here.)

Iginla or Connelly would be decent consolation prizes more in the mid-range but mostly they definitely should try to target upside from the back-end between Parekh, Buium and Yakemchuk. It's probably the easiest ticket toward more dynamic, heady play overall going forward. They may require some patience re: their overall game and physical strength but their skill level, confidence and desire to create is something they really need in the system.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think there's a bit of separation in that the top 13 or thereabouts has separated from the pack. (I'd tend to put Yakemchuk ahead of Iginla and that's the group that aligns with Ellis here.)

Iginla or Connelly would be decent consolation prizes more in the mid-range but mostly they definitely should try to target upside from the back-end between Parekh, Buium and Yakemchuk. It's probably the easiest ticket toward more dynamic, heady play overall going forward. They may require some patience re: their overall game and physical strength but their skill level, confidence and desire to create is something they really need in the system.
I had no idea until now Jarome Iginla kid was a top draft prospect. Im going to have to watch him im interested in his game now.

I hate being a nepo supporter but alot of these kids at have been around pro sports their entire life turn out to be pretty good.

I know the caps tried it once with gus and crashed and burned into one of the worst picks of the GMGM era. But so many of these turn into good pros

Last edited:
Reactions: kicksavedave

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I think the wide open part is pretty accurate. Make it a bit more entertaining trying to figure out where players will go. These type of drafts are a bit more fun don the road when a re-draft order happens to see what teams picked well.
It's fun until you realize the Caps picked Eric Fehr over Ryan Getzlaf.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Feeling pretty confident given this team's level to date that they should end up in position to add someone from Bobby Margarita's top 10 + Yakemchuk/Buium. I don't think that necessarily kickstarts any rebuild on its own, though. Only Celebrini does that in this draft. That's still going to have to come via further significant trades and more of a prolonged restructuring.

The CHL Top Prospects game goes tonight at 630 on NHLN. Good chance to check out Dickinson, Parekh, Catton, Yakemchuk, Iginla and Greentree. (Lindstrom is out with an injury I believe.)

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Feeling pretty confident given this team's level to date that they should end up in position to add someone from Bobby Margarita's top 10 + Yakemchuk/Buium. I don't think that necessarily kickstarts any rebuild on its own, though. Only Celebrini does that in this draft. That's still going to have to come via further significant trades and more of a prolonged restructuring.

The CHL Top Prospects game goes tonight at 630 on NHLN. Good chance to check out Dickinson, Parekh, Catton, Yakemchuk, Iginla and Greentree. (Lindstrom is out with an injury I believe.)
Dickenson and Yakemchuk are standing out to me so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad