2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I´m not. Been waiting this for a long time also but I´m confident we´ll get a good and potential player this time too. Sure Celebrini would be huge but after him it really doesn´t matter if you are picking second or fourth.

Winning Bedard last year has taken the pressure off this year for me.

1-4 you’ll be able to pick a really good prospect, after that it’s all about development.

Reactions: Mjul Qvist

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Scott's latest article.

1715086213039.png

Seems like @WarriorofTime may get his guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Bedard is a franchise guy. Celebrini is really good but he's kind of a meh first overall pick. I'll be very happy if end up with Macklin. But there's not the insane drop off at four that last year had.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Bedard is a franchise guy. Celebrini is really good but he's kind of a meh first overall pick. I'll be very happy if end up with Macklin. But there's not the insane drop off at four that last year had.

He’s absolutely not a “meh” first overall pick. He isn’t Bedard but he isn’t Slafkovsky either.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Looking at the final NHL CS rankings, I'm kind of surprised Luke Misa is ranked 76th among NA skaters. Getting him at 67 would be a steal. Lucas Van Vliet (75th) is another prospect I'd be taking a bet on at 72. He's got top 6 tools, but the consistency hasn't been there

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Big LOL on Ottawa hfboards ..somebody posted an attached photo of a possible "leak" of the results s ...woukdvimplyvthe fix was in becausevnotvsipposedcto do actual draw this early in the day..Yrsxtgey have I believecax2 hr lock up after tgecreal draw (allgedely) to give time for the auditing firm to check everything g and tabulate ...butcstill this alkeged leak seem early..so positively sone doctored phot or a practice putting g team names up on the big board?

Any these alleged leaked resukts show SJ =#1 Utah #2 and Hawks got bumped down 1 to #3..

If so this is better than O predicted (I expect the worst a bump down of 2 spits to 4th) but 3rd is better ...

HOWEVER if this leak proves true then Bettnan et al in the NHL HQ is going to have a lot of questions about a "fixed" result..

Butas I said...it may be a doctored deep fake photo with someone having a prank just to set off conspiracy theories ...which actualky might be good for thecNHL ...get more media coverage etc..since your average American soirts fan could care less (as opposed to scandal if this happened at NGL or NBA drafts).

If true it will be just another Bettman-Dailey blunder with NHL security measures mistakenly breached...or was it a mistake?human..

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Since 2010- From the hype I remember. Im sure a few are way off that I will get corrected on.

McDavid
Bedard
Matthews
Mackinnon
Hall
Lafreniere
Dahlin
Hughes
Yakupov
Nugent Hopkins
Ekblad
Power
Hischier
Slafkovsky

I think Celebrini is somewhere from Lafreniere to Yakupov in hype.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The explanation forvthe revealed resukt photo was that it is a routine "rehersal" the tv guys do to practice for the actual reveal of results later today.

So tge lottery is scheduled for 6:30pm ET ...so a photo released between 2 andc3 pm seems like a fake or a practice rehearsal photo...but IF the results are SJ gets #1and Utak#2 and Hawks #3 revealed thatbmich ealierc,it WOULD be considered very suspicious and the whole thing would now be viewed as a "Foxx..

Thus Bettman now has to fix the "fix" sp that a a SOUTH -CHI 1-2-3 cannot be allowed...he has to produce a change i that resukt ...or else!

The only way to fix the "fix" is to bump Hawks to 4th....that denies the photo result .. showing it was a fake and that still gocrs Bettman his fix for SJ and Utah's saes...but obviously is not the same resul tas Hawks drop from 3rd to 4th.

Isn't NHL Draft Lottery Conspiracy talk great?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I think Celebrini + Demidov and then the rest of the field.

Hoping for a top 2 pick, after that all the guys have questions marks.
I like Demidov at #2 but there are question marks as well. A knee injury in October caused him to miss 6 weeks of the season. In the next to last playoff game for his team, he sustained another injury(Same knee) but it won't require surgery per his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad