2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Whether it's with our pick or the Penguins pick (or maybe both) it'll be nice to add a 6th forward picked in the 1st round from the last 4 drafts between this player, Edstrom, Musty, Smith, Bystedt and Eklund.

We should be able to comfortably pencil in at least 5 of those guys into our future top 9 and they'll all be entering their peak years around the same time which is key to establishing a Cup window.

Yeah, I keep going back and forth. On one hand, we’re so low on defensive prospects, I don’t hate taking two defensemen if we don’t get Celebrini. Levshunov and Parekh or something. On the other, I don’t hate doing an F/D convo if there are high ceiling guys available for both positions.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Whether it's with our pick or the Penguins pick (or maybe both) it'll be nice to add a 6th forward picked in the 1st round from the last 4 drafts between this player, Edstrom, Musty, Smith, Bystedt and Eklund.

We should be able to comfortably pencil in at least 5 of those guys into our future top 9 and they'll all be entering their peak years around the same time which is key to establishing a Cup window.
Yeah but I also have visions of adding Levshonov and Yamachuk/Buium/Parekh in the same draft to completely revamp the D prospect pool.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah, I keep going back and forth. On one hand, we’re so low on defensive prospects, I don’t hate taking two defensemen if we don’t get Celebrini. Levshunov and Parekh or something. On the other, I don’t hate doing an F/D convo if there are high ceiling guys available for both positions.
If we don’t get Celebrini, I’d be down to take two defensemen as well. Pretty much any combo of Levshunov/Dickinson and Silayev/Buium/Yamemchuk/Parekh would be incredible.

I’m all in on a D at 11th unless they’re all gone or Catton drops.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If we don’t get Celebrini, I’d be down to take two defensemen as well. Pretty much any combo of Levshunov/Dickinson and Silayev/Buium/Yamemchuk/Parekh would be incredible.

I’m all in on a D at 11th unless they’re all gone or Catton drops.
This draft is really weird. It’s considered weaker because it’s Celebrini and then a bunch of guys that probably are secondary pieces. Compare that to last year where there was 4 or 5 building block type players and this draft looks bad suddenly.

With that said, there legitimately 14-15 guys who could all be very good pieces for us in the future. Getting 2 of Celebrini, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Catton, Demidov, Dickinson, Silayev, Parekh, Buium, Helenius, Yakemchuk, Eiserman, Iginla, Connolly, Jiricek would be absolutely fantastic for our rebuild. You obviously hope that you get Celebrini but any of those first 5 or 6 would really be big pieces in our rebuild.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Will Smith is sitting in the penalty box with Gabe Perreault for fighting after a cheap shot from a Michigan Tech player on his linemate Ryan Leonard. March Madness NCAA playoff hockey is fun. Ryan Leonard of Boston Collage is dominating this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This draft is really weird. It’s considered weaker because it’s Celebrini and then a bunch of guys that probably are secondary pieces. Compare that to last year where there was 4 or 5 building block type players and this draft looks bad suddenly.

With that said, there legitimately 14-15 guys who could all be very good pieces for us in the future. Getting 2 of Celebrini, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Catton, Demidov, Dickinson, Silayev, Parekh, Buium, Helenius, Yakemchuk, Eiserman, Iginla, Connolly, Jiricek would be absolutely fantastic for our rebuild. You obviously hope that you get Celebrini but any of those first 5 or 6 would really be big pieces in our rebuild.
Celebrini gives them a building block. The rest give them a piece. Both will help the Sharks a lot just one a lot more than the other and one is a lot harder to get than the other. If all they end up with out of the first round of this draft is one of those pieces that isn't Celebrini, it's a trade chip at the very least. Considering where we're at with barely any young long term solutions cracking the NHL lineup, we'll need all the help we can get.

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Let's say we're not lucky enough to get Celebrini, who would you all take at 2nd? Who would you take at 3rd in worst case scenario?

Demidov looks so good so I personally would mind taking him at 2nd. I'm at a loss when it comes to 3rd if we fall that low.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Let's say we're not lucky enough to get Celebrini, who would you all take at 2nd? Who would you take at 3rd in worst case scenario?

Demidov looks so good so I personally would mind taking him at 2nd. I'm at a loss when it comes to 3rd if we fall that low.

I know, my gut says defense but man, Demidov is attractive. I’m just a little worried about our top 6 being almost entirely small skill forwards (and Musty). I feel like the future Ducks/Vegas teams will stomp us.

• Wow

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Watching the Michigan State game and according to the broadcast, Grier is in attendance to watch Levshunov. Good few shifts so far, but MSU really isn’t very good when Levshunov isn’t on the ice.
So we now have confirmation Grier has flown out to watch Lindstrom and Levshunov play for their individual club teams.

If I had to guess, we'll be picking one of those two or Celebrini.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Watching the Michigan State game and according to the broadcast, Grier is in attendance to watch Levshunov. Good few shifts so far, but MSU really isn’t very good when Levshunov isn’t on the ice.
Not only Mike Grier but Joe Will is there too. This could tell us the Sharks are thinking Top Defense for this up coming draft.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Sharks get 1st overall, takes someone other then Celebrini
Don't be silly. Celebrini is 1st overall pick for the Sharks. Just in case they don't get the 1st pickOA, the sharks have a plan. Although I watched Macklin play yesterday against RIT... he's still a raw skater but with brilliant hands, he's still very young. I don't think he'll have a Bedard type impact if he actually signs and goes pro... one more year at BU will help him out immensely. It's hard for a number one overall pick to not take the cash and go straight to the show.. and the team drafting him would want that pick in the lineup for opening night... but he just didn't seem ready for the NHL to me, last night.

Last edited:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Don't be silly. Celebrini is 1st overall pick for the Sharks. Just in case they don't get the 1st pickOA, the sharks have a plan. Although I watched Macklin play yesterday against RIT... he's still a raw skater but with brilliant hands, he's still very young. I don't think he'll have a Bedard type impact if he actually signs and goes pro... one more year at BU will help him out immensely. It's hard for a number one overall pick to not take the cash and go straight to the show.. and the team drafting him would want that pick in the lineup for opening night... but he just didn't seem ready for the NHL to me, last night.

As much as I hate it (I'm an impatient monster), I can see Grier having Smith and Celebrini both spend one more year ripening.

Then again, he's mentioned in multiple interviews how next year they'll have some prospects joining the big team, and while he certainly means Bordeleau, Muhk and Guschin, I wonder if Smith/Musty are part of that equation too. And if Smith goes, Celebrini certainly will too.

I would just kill to see like:

Eklund - Celebrini - Kostin
Zetterlund - Smith - Musty
Bordeleau - Granlund - Guschin

I'm sure we'll lose a ton, BUT IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Sharks get 1st overall, takes someone other then Celebrini
JW: it's been kind of awkward with his dad for a while, so we haven't really participated in any serious discussions with Macklin or his representatives... i'd rather just avoid that kind of tension whenever possible and we believe are several players that we'd be very interested in with the first overall pick...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
As much as I hate it (I'm an impatient monster), I can see Grier having Smith and Celebrini both spend one more year ripening.

Then again, he's mentioned in multiple interviews how next year they'll have some prospects joining the big team, and while he certainly means Bordeleau, Muhk and Guschin, I wonder if Smith/Musty are part of that equation too. And if Smith goes, Celebrini certainly will too.

As fun as it would be, we've seen how much Eklund's benefited from being pushed to the lower lines to match up against weaker competition when he's struggled against top lines this year. We just wouldn't be able to do that for Celebrinis, Smith, Musty, and Gushchin if they all had bad stretches. I'd expect maybe 1 or 2 guys coming in just to not overload the integration.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020

No Filip Bystedt, Kasper Halttunen?

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad