2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Depends who is available. I think they’re’ll be better options at 33, but at 43 I think he’s worth the risk. It seems like he might be healthy enough to play U18, so I’ll be super interested how he does if so. It will impact his draft rankings quite a bit I imagine.

Feels like another Havelid type to me. I almost included him in that list because he’s not that far off of the Kiviharju/Mews/Hutson group. Wouldn’t be my preference at 43 I don’t think. If I’m remembering correctly, I want to say I liked him at last year’s U18 a little.

My ideal first two rounds would be something like (1) Celebrini, (12) Yakemchuk/Parekh/Silayev, (33) Elick, (43) Kiviharju.

I’ve wondered lately if Sam Dickinson could possibly fall out of the top-10. Other than size and skating he doesn’t really stand out all that much even at the junior level. Really depends on how risk-adverse the GMs in the top-10 are, as I think he’s got the lowest upside of the consensus top-6 D. That said I’d obviously sprint to the stage if he were there at the Pens pick.

Btw the name of this thread is kind questionable. There are so many things that rhyme with ‘Zeev’. Could have done ‘Play Like a Sieve So We Can Draft Zeev’ or ‘Risk That The Sharks Leave, End Up With Zeev’ or ‘Winning’s My Peeve, Give Me Zeev’ or anything else. :laugh:
Getting Dickinson at 12 would be amazing, but I feel like enough GMs will like his high floor and someone will take him 7-10. I think getting Celebrini and Parekh/Yakemchuk with the first 2 picks would be amazing. Any chance 33 + 43 gets us into the low 20s to nab Jiricek? State of the defensive prospect pool would look a lot better with Parekh/Yakemchuk and Jiricek in it in addition to Mukh and Cagnoni/Havelid.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
The Vegas pick is an unprotected 1st in 2025. There is absolutely zero chance i trade that until next season is over, makes absolutely zero sense to trade a pick that could still end up being a 1st overall or also could be 32nd also.

You don't trade a 1st round pick to move up in a draft a year before that draft is to happen.
You can protect the pick so you don’t trade a top 10 pick.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Wait a second. "Sieve" is pronounced "siv" but Zeev is, well, zeeeev, right?

I think we have more workshopping to do here.
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Sorta - you have to give them a pick eventually so say you do Vegas 2025 Top 10 protected but if not 2026 Sharks unprotected....that Sharks pick still likely is Top 10
You could say top 10 protected and if not then it is Sharks 2nd and 4th. You could guarantee the team a pick between 11 and 40.

For example:
Sharks receive #5 (Buium)
Canadians receive Pens 1st, Conditional 1st next year if either pick is below top 10. If both are top 10 picks then Sharks 2nd and 4th.

Not saying it is likely but there is a way to include trade conditions to not give a top 10 pick or unprotected Sharks pick.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Would people stop making hypotheticals to trade up from the Penguins pick to get Buium? Literally every team with a mid to late 1st round pick is thinking the same thing.

He's going to go higher than his current mocked position. Either we take him with our 1st rounder or we're not getting him.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I think Linstrom is out as back surgery at 18 is massive red flag. Lindstrom may drop like a stone.
I agree. Power forwards are already more likely to get injured, if he is hurt at 18 I would expect the injury problems to continue. It seems rare for someone's back to improve as they grow older from 18.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
As someone with back issues that avoids surgery due to the success rate, I would not touch Lindstrom unless he fell to the Pens pick. Back injuries are miserable, especially that early in a career.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don't know anything about his back injury, but if it is like Eichel then he needs to go that route, not the usual easier but less long term surgery.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I am once again asking for "Boo 'em for Buium" but if not, then...

Farty for Arty
Turn it Ov for Levshunov/Demidov
Win less than twen-tee for Ivan D
Upchuk for Yakemchuk

I already threw my ideas down for next year's Hagens, but in case he ain't it...
Brown Smell for Frondell
Lose a Ton for Anton
You Tank 'er, You Hensler
Go Bogan for Logan
Low-again for Logan (meh)

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I am once again asking for "Boo 'em for Buium" but if not, then...

Farty for Arty
Turn it Ov for Levshunov/Demidov
Win less than twen-tee for Ivan D
Upchuk for Yakemchuk

I already threw my ideas down for next year's Hagens, but in case he ain't it...
Brown Smell for Frondell
Lose a Ton for Anton
You Tank 'er, You Hensler
Go Bogan for Logan
Low-again for Logan (meh)
@Juxtaposer , your call :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad