2024 NHL Draft: Play Like a Sieve So We Can Draft Zeev

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Yep cause that’s what happened. It wasn’t a stupid picture that he didn’t even do.

You want to talk about the coaching and team stuff? Sure. The picture is a non issue at this point and you calling him a Nazi is a f***ing disgrace. Fitting for you though.

The real story: Connelly’s friend made a nazi symbol out of books and Connelly posted a Snapchat picture of it. Within 10 minutes he had taken it down and claimed he didn’t know backstory. Whether you believe that or not, he has volunteered for years and went through some sort of education/program for it.

I believe the friend was Jewish as well. Teens doing stupid teen shit to be edgy, nothing to see here.

Reactions: Gecklund

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
Just watched the highlights of that Finland US game. Hagens is unreal I'm straight up dominated which was noted in the Baggin for Hagens thread... I was also pretty blown away with Teddy Stiga's performance also with a hat trick. Connolly was also ridiculous with his ability to separate and very obvious intelligence and awareness to make dangerous plays... I would be totally fine with Stiga or Connolly with the 14th pick.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Just watched the highlights of that Finland US game. Hagens is unreal I'm straight up dominated which was noted in the Baggin for Hagens thread... I was also pretty blown away with Teddy Stiga's performance also with a hat trick. Connolly was also ridiculous with his ability to separate and very obvious intelligence and awareness to make dangerous plays... I would be totally fine with Stiga or Connolly with the 14th pick.
14 is way too high for Stiga. That was by far the best game I’ve seen from him.

Mid-20’s is reasonable for Stiga.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Stiga is very interesting. Not sure he’ll require the 14th.

Scott Wheeler’s most recent rankings (3.25.24) has Stiga at #59. He wasn’t on Corey Pronman’s most recent rankings (4.17.24) which only went up to #40.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This draft gets more and more interesting with the recent rise of Sennecke. I'm leaning towards:

1. Celebrini

2. Levshunov
3. Demidov

4. Dickinson
5. Buium
6. Lindstrom
7. Silayev
8. Yakemchuk

9. Iginla
10. Catton
11. Parekh
12. Helenius
13. Sennecke
14. Eiserman

15. Brandsegg-Nygard
15. Greentree
16. Jiricek
17. Connelly

Rest

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep, found out the NTDP was playing at 0200 by happy coincidence.

Hagens is ridiculous. Eiserman is just so meh, I’m at the point that I’d be pretty mad if we took him at 14. I continue to like the Cole Hutson-EJ Emery pairing, I really want to get them both at 33/42. I’ve been underwhelmed by Skahan-Hensler. Connolly purely on hockey talent would go top-10. LJ Mooney (2025) is a really fun little player, but he’s really tiny. John Whipple and Lucas Van Vliet could be interesting late round picks.

The US and Canada are unfortunately the only decent teams this year. Kind of a meh event so far as far as competitive, high-quality hockey goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad