13. CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo
44. QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington
77. G Zak Zinter, Michigan
112. WR Jamari Thrash, Louisville
148. RB Marshawn Lloyd, USC
208. WR Jacob Cowing, Arizona
223. DE Brennan Jackson, Washington State
229. LB Jordan Magee, Temple

I'd be pretty happy with this draft but should've took Christian Maghoney at G instead of Zinter who has seen his stock drop recently. If I did it again, I'd maybe go with Latham or Fuaga instead of Mitchell in the 1st and then take a corner in the 3rd. Tough call there though. Getting Penix Jr at 44th would be great but he's unlikely to last that long.

Thrash and Cowing would add much needed depth at WR while Lloyd would be the RB3 at worst with the potential to become RB2 or even 1. Jackson and Magee are both really good value for the 7th and would have a good shot at making the team. Magee would be a special teams ace who could see some snaps as a backup linebacker. Jackson would be the #4 DE if he can beat out Janarius Robinson.

Reactions: Pestilence

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's updated. Looks like the wrong person got tagged after a pick and it skipped a bunch of picks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If any of these guys are available, Green Bay will take them, otherwise just auto me some OL

CB Ja'Quan Sheppard
QB Gavin Hardison
S Dell Pettus
OT Kiran Amegadije
S Jaylin Carlies

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings draft is now complete.

1.9 QB JJ McCarthy, Michigan
1.23 DT Byron Murphy II, Texas
4.108 EDGE Austin Booker, Kansas
5.157 RB Tyrone Tracy, Purdue
5.167 CB Nehemiah Pritchett, Auburn
7.230 WR De'Corian Clark, UTSA
7.232 G Layden Robinson, Tex A&M

Came in with 9 picks ended up making 7 as I used a 4th and 6th to move up two spots for a QB. No picks on day two due to the trade up with Texans for 23 and the TJ Hockenson trade. I'd be happy with this draft especially with RD1, getting a QB you hope you can develop into your franchse guy and a someone to plug holes in the middle. Took some dart throws on talent and athleticism at positions of need in Rounds 4-7 as teams tend to do.

IRL I doubt the Vikings make the pick at #23 and I wouldn't be surprised if 108 is moved as well as their likely to move up much higher than 2 spots for their QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pestilence

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
cPqrK05.png

1. CB Nate Wiggins, Clemson (17th Pick)
  2. WR Roman Wilson, Michigan (48th Pick)
  3. EDGE Jonah Elliss, Utah (96th Pick)
  4. S Calen Bullock, USC (114th Pick)
  5. OT Christian Jones, Texas (116th Pick)
  6. DT Jordan Jefferson, LSU (153rd Pick)
  7. G Delmar Graze, Maryland (212th Pick)
  8. TE Jack Westover, Washington (236th Pick)

I didn't make the first pick, but CB is a high need and Wiggins should be good; several mocks peg him going into Jacksonville. Otherwise, there are quite a few positional needs from WR to OL, so I tried to pick a consensus high pick from those.

QB: Not needed

RB: Not needed, not a high priority at least

WR: Gabriel Davis was signed, but still need some help there with Ridley leaving. Wilson should be handy with Kirk, Davis, and Jones.

TE: 7th rounder on Westover, not sure if he's an upgrade or even will make the roster though.

OL/OG/C: Jaguars had poor protection in 2023 (29th pass, 27th run), not sure if these 4th or 6th rounders will actually help in that regard, but Robinson is in the last year of his contract and is quite banged up. Last year, Jaguars used a first rounder on Anton Harrison, but he hasn't been good at RT. Mitch Morse was a free agent signing but not much else happened here so far in the offseason.

DL: Isn't a great position of strength, free agent signing Arik Armstead should be an upgrade though, but having a flyer in the fifth round should be OK.

EDGE: Walker and Allen are starters here, so it's a position of strength, but after them there isn't much, so getting a rotational player here is good.

LB: Oluokun/Lloyd should be alright here, not a huge need.

CB: Tyson Campbell is great, but after him who's next? Ronald Darby? Although he isn't a bad player, I can't think he's the starter going into the season. CB will be picked with a 1st or 2nd rounder.

S: Rayshawn Jenkins signed with the Seahawks and besides him the starter was Andre Cisco, so not exactly All-Pro caliber players. Jaguars signed Darnell Savage though, so I think him and Cisco are the starters, but Jaguars might pick additional help with the mid-round picks as well.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Now we get to see how wrong we all are starting tonight!

Thanks everyone. Really liked going deeper this year, it was fun researching the players, particularly the later players, so now I'll actually know who is getting taken in later rounds in real draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I say we cap it at 4 or 5 rounds next year.
I dunno, I personally like going as deep as we can and would be happy to do UDFA's too. I'm always familiar with 300-400 players so there's not a lack of guys to pick from. I realize that most people don't want to spend that much time studying up on draft prospects though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now we get to see how wrong we all are starting tonight!

Thanks everyone. Really liked going deeper this year, it was fun researching the players, particularly the later players, so now I'll actually know who is getting taken in later rounds in real draft.
I already know I’m right. They’re wrong for not listening to me.

Though I do think if I had it to do again today, I’d take Fuaga.

• Haha
Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I dunno, I personally like going as deep as we can and would be happy to do UDFA's too. I'm always familiar with 300-400 players so there's not a lack of guys to pick from. I realize that most people don't want to spend that much time studying up on draft prospects though.

Oh I'm cool with going the full 7, but if most people are checking out than I rather cut it down a couple rounds.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
1st: Thank you to Bwc for starting this thing.
2nd: Thanks to the moderators like GKJ and LT for keeping the list up in Bwc's absence.
3rd: Thanks to everyone who participated. Getting into the 7th round is fairly impressive for 25-30 individuals when we consider people locations and time zones.

I really liked the idea of having the 7th round be a free for all and maybe next year we could do the 6th and 7th that way.

Looking back we had six correct selections of team and player in the first round. :laugh: We picked 26 players that were also picked in the 1st round. And we had 12 teams and position correct but not necessarily the correct player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad