Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I know I'm not a football expert by any means but are we having one of the worst drafts on paper in recent memory?

Everything just seems to be like there was someone else better available at that position. Or there was a more pressing need to address.

Of course that means its going to be the greatest draft of all time.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I know I'm not a football expert by any means but are we having one of the worst drafts on paper in recent memory?

Everything just seems to be like there was someone else better available at that position. Or there was a more pressing need to address.

Not really? Feel like some people were saying that last year as well and it turned out to not mean much

Reactions: Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Not by a longshot. We got a needed WR. Not one that a lot of fans wanted.....but there's a lot of potential there. Bishop is a ready-made replacement for Poyer. Love that pick. Then a rotational 3-tech? Yep, needed one of those.

The draft has been fine.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

I definitely wanted McConkey over Coleman but it’s certainly close enough that I’ll err on Beane’s side, he knows more than I ever will about how to do this right.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Didn't like Coleman, but it was a position of need, and after the top 4 WRs there was zero consensus on the next 15 or so guys.

Bishop fit a need and was one of the top options in the draft. Could be a Week 1 starter, no problem.

Carter may be more of a reach, but nobody at this stage of the draft is likely to be a starter, you're looking primarily for depth guys who may develop into something more.

Reactions: Zman5778

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Depth 3-tech with a high motor. Fine by me. Not sure he'll ever be a starter, but depth is important to McDermott.
Not in the 3rd….I think this was a slight reach. When the NFLN guys have to bring up intangibles in a 3rd rounder i get Basham vibes.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Not in the 3rd….I think this was a slight reach. When the NFLN guys have to bring up intangibles in a 3rd rounder i get Basham vibes.

Daniel Jeremiah, who I'm pretty confident in with his evaluations, had him ranked at 75 on his big board. PFF seems to think he has a very high basement and will pan out as a rotational interior guy at the worst. I'm okay with that. It'd be nice to have a dependable option out there because Phillips was just way too unreliable, same with Star while he was here, and Linvall Joseph was absolute ass. Carter seems dependable at least.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019

Just reading hot takes on Twitter?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So tomorrow's wish list (in no particular order):

--Depth RB, preferably a bruiser
--Speedy WR/Returner
--Depth boundary CB
--OT
--IOL
--EDGE rusher

Reactions: Fezzy126

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Just reading hot takes on Twitter?

No, my IRL hockey friends, just flipping back and forth during game. There obviously a bunch of idiots (well just in general too lol) but do know more about the draft than me.

They're like were Keon's good but were better options at WR left..... Everyone did like Bishop but it was more bout right so nothing special. And thought Carter was a a little early but not massive. However there were much bigger needs than at DT

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Daniel Jeremiah, who I'm pretty confident in with his evaluations, had him ranked at 75 on his big board. PFF seems to think he has a very high basement and will pan out as a rotational interior guy at the worst. I'm okay with that. It'd be nice to have a dependable option out there because Phillips was just way too unreliable, same with Star while he was here, and Linvall Joseph was absolute ass. Carter seems dependable at least.
Don’t see an eventual starter. Rds 1-3 you should be able to get a starter. Also the proce to move up indicates to me the league thinks the lower rounds are pretty thin. Nobody is looking for value late. More like projects. Jmho.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad