Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Note: Just getting this going now so I can edit it and add resources throughout the week. I'll leave it to mods at what point they want to lock the old thread and pivot to this one. If anyone wants a link or resource added to this post, let me know. Welcome to my Christmas week!

Draft Schedule
Round 1: Thursday April 25 at 8:00pm
Rounds 2-3: Friday April 26 at 7:00pm
Rounds 4-7: Saturday April 27 at 12:00pm

Draft Resources
The Beast by Dane Brugler: Best singular draft resource with scouting reports of over 400 prospects and testing info for nearly 2000. Subscription to The Athletic is required, but nothing stopping you from signing up for a free trial, downloading the beast, and unsubscribing. Worth it for this guide alone.

NFL.com Prospect Database: Includes writeups of hundreds of players with strengths, weaknesses, combine data and biographical information. Reports are written by Lance Zierlein, one of the more connected insiders to actual NFL executives, scouts, etc. Does a great job of presenting players the way NFL team see them.

NFL.com Draft Tracker: Can be sorted by round, position, or team.

PFN Mock Draft Simulator: This is the most user-friendly mock draft tool now that PFF's is behind a pay wall. Feel free to post your favorite or your final Bills mock draft!

The Athletic Football Show Draft Coverage: If you'd rather listen to smart analysis of each pick instead of whatever Mel Kiper does on ESPN these days, this is what I recommend. They don't have all the bells and whistles of a huge media production, but they have folks that know what they're talking about getting into the weeds of the picks. This is what I'll be watching. Free on Youtube.

Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL Draft Trade Value Chart: A more modern, better trade value chart.

Accounts to Follow
Sal Capaccio: As much as I hate giving a platform to WGR, there's no denying he's the most on the ground, in the loop Bills beat reporter in town. He has the best access, no doubt.

Joe Buscaglia: Bills beat reporter for The Athletic. My personal favorite Bills follow. He will likely provide the most in-depth Bills-specific content on the draft.

Dane Brugler and Lance Zierlein: As I mention above, I think these two are by far the best in the business in terms of providing honest analysis on the draft class.

Cover 1: This is probably the best amatuer Bills coverage out there right now. They've got a lot of folks doing different things. Some grind tape far more than any of us could ever have time for. Others are more into synthesizing and extrapolating the analysis of others. They're not professionals, but they're very dedicated to what they do and provide a nice fan-forward perspective.

Joe Marino / Locked On Bills : Bills content creator doing a live show tonight!

2024 HF Bills Big Board
1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)
22. Graham Barton, OL, Duke (100%)
23. Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina (50%)
23. Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State (50%)
25. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia (50%)
26. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (50%)
26. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (50%)
26. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma (50%)
29. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (67%)
30. Darius Robinson, DE, Missouri (50%)

31. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State (33%) - Bills pick #33
31. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon (33%)

33. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan (75%)
34. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas (50%)
34. Jalynn Polk, WR, Washington (50%)
36. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida (67%)
36. Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson (67%)

38. TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa (100%)
39. Patrick Paul, OL, Houston (50%)
40. Marshawn Kneeland, DE,Western Michigan (0%)

Day 1

Beane Night 1 Press Conference

(33) Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State University

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 7.24.49 PM.png

(60) Cole Bishop, S, Utah

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.14.32 PM.png

(95) Dewayne Carter, DT, Duke

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.10.58 PM.png

(128) Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky
Overall, Davis has racked up alot of miles and lacks explosive long speed, but his vision, cutting skills and competitive toughness are translatable traits. Although he doesn’t offer much onspecial teams, he can be a productive rotational back for an NFL offense.

(141) Sedrick Van Pran-Gragner, C, Georgia
Van Pran-Granger has NFL play strength, especially in the run game, and his coaches rave about his leadership and smarts, but he might struggle when caught in any situation that calls for him to play in space. He is equipped to compete for immediate starting reps in the right situation.

(160) Edefaun Ulofoshio, LB, Washington
Ulofoshio might have a capped ceiling in the NFL, but he has overachieved at every other level because of his football instincts and active play style. He has the “all-in” mentality of a core special teamer who can make a living covering kicks while competing for defensive snaps.

(168) Javon Solomon, DE, Troy
Solomon has a unique collection of traits in a smaller-framed body, but he is disproportionately long with the bend, burst and motor that make him a pass-rushing pest. He can play on special teams and earn a rotational role on defense, like how James Houston is deployed by the Detroit Lions.

(204) Tylan Grable, OT, UCF
Grable has only been playing offensive line for four years and is understandably undeveloped in a few areas, but the improvements he’s shown in a short time and his athletic upside are promising. He is a developmental prospect (some teams like him best at center) who has yet to play his best football.

(219) Daequan Hardy, CB, Penn State
Hardy has the linear burst and toughness required for slot work, but his lack of size and strength will be tough to mask in coverage and run support versus NFL athletes. His value as a return man can help him stay on an NFL roster while he competes for defensive snaps.

(201) Travis Clayton, OL, England

Last edited:

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
i am not as concerned about wr as most (against the grain i know).

safety really worries me a lot. benford and douglas are aggressive corners (especially douglas), which puts more pressure on the safeties. edwards should be serviceable, but rapp i did not like at all last year and their reserves are hamlin and lewis. safety needs an infusion of high end talent more than wr. a modest trade up for dejean is my preferred course. there will be good wrs on the board at 60.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
@Rowley Birkin

There isn't room for two more STARTING WRs. One starter & one backup / STer? Sure...

Samuel played >70% & >50% snaps in his two healthy seasons in Washington. And he played >60% during Brady's season in Carolina. He's clearly not been signed as a bit part player.

Factor that, factor them playing 12 formation with Knox/Kincaid... There isn't room for two guys to come in to both play a large chunk of snaps.

PlayerOff SnapsTargets
Davis
966​
81​
Diggs
949​
160​
Shakir
604​
45​
Sherfield
392​
22​
Harty
155​
21​
Isabella
2​
0​
Total
3068​
329​

They lost 80% of the snaps and 86% of the targets among WRs from last season.

Adding Samuel and Hollins still leaves a ton of snaps and targets that rookies could take in 2024 especially knowing that they would need to grow, like Kincaid did from week 1 to the end of the season.

And I am expecting Beane to draft two WRs over the course of the entire draft. And if it is two early WRs, that means that Hollins or Shorter is your STs guy(s).

Reactions: Zman5778

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
@Rowley Birkin

PlayerOff SnapsTargets
Davis
966​
81​
Diggs
949​
160​
Shakir
604​
45​
Sherfield
392​
22​
Harty
155​
21​
Isabella
2​
0​
Total
3068​
329​

Adding Samuel and Hollins still leaves a ton of snaps and targets that rookies could take in 2024 especially knowing that they would need to grow, like Kincaid did from week 1 to the end of the season.

And I am expecting Beane to draft two WRs over the course of the entire draft. And if it is two early WRs, that means that Hollins or Shorter is your STs guy(s)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
After shorter breaks out w 30 catches and on great lomg td where he is caught from behind by a linebacker.

The well paid mockingbird cia reporters arw allowed to overlook a second round pick swapped for Diggs 2nd sitts on ir since fall w a knickname delma not standing thr needle.

The team also looked brighter as the rooks came on some as the pressure on non conference opponents allowed for two big number games to show promise for beanes 2nd day picks.
Im general the media has accepted the results going into January. We'll see what occurs. The entire staff given the turnover of the roster that seems to be slowly on the same page has been given a pass after thr vicious beating of two reporters namely hamilton hamm San witch and another fat guy they thought was johnn wawrow in stead tackling a fat buffalo reporter that had a treasure trove of pedo pictures from an email now link to harrmgton not yet named by anyone
As the. Weird guy kept beating what he claimed to be matt hamilton and paul harrimgbone, jerry hambone etc , as his mind he claimed split flashes on each face as he began sewing a note he had brought w him , he had the eyelettes doubled over tight to the reporters skin , It read f u wawrow. ( sewed to harringtons face) I'm not paying an extra dollar to suck on your drivel

He continued to sing a tune reporters asked him
About. He said it was a letter to Florida man that wouldn't stop talking to him in his head.( later turned out his child abuse handler programmed this terror into him decades earlier who addresses he memorized were from locations around orlando

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
@Rowley Birkin

PlayerOff SnapsTargets
Davis
966​
81​
Diggs
949​
160​
Shakir
604​
45​
Sherfield
392​
22​
Harty
155​
21​
Isabella
2​
0​
Total
3068​
329​

And I am expecting Beane to draft two WRs over the course of the entire draft. And if it is two early WRs, that means that Hollins or Shorter is your STs guy(s).
I'm pretty sure you have posted this before & I'm pretty sure i have responded before.

It's very disingenuous to not include TEs in your list. You are getting a blinkered view by ignoring them.

Shakir will play a lot more snaps than he did last year. Maybe more than any other WR.

Samuel will play a large chunk of them. Maybe not as many as Diggs/Davis did - but he'll play a lot.

Knox will play a lot more than he did last year due to the injury. I think we'll see a lot of 12 where both he & Kincaid are on field together.

There's room for one rookie receiver to play a good share of the remaining snaps. If you're trying to fit in two rookies, your going to be giving both of them very watered down roles.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
@Rowley Birkin

PlayerOff SnapsTargets
Davis
966​
81​
Diggs
949​
160​
Shakir
604​
45​
Sherfield
392​
22​
Harty
155​
21​
Isabella
2​
0​
Total
3068​
329​

I get your point but I think we saw such a change when Brady took over play-calling that it's hard to take last year as a whole into context. Seems to me like we'll just see a lot of those targets that went to WRs get directed to Kincaid and Cook and there's going to be more rushing attempts, I assume, as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm pretty sure you have posted this before & I'm pretty sure i have responded before.

It's very disingenuous to not include TEs in your list. You are getting a blinkered view by ignoring them.

Shakir will play a lot more snaps than he did last year. Maybe more than any other WR.

Samuel will play a large chunk of them. Maybe not as many as Diggs/Davis did - but he'll play a lot.

Knox will play a lot more than he did last year due to the injury. I think we'll see a lot of 12 where both he & Kincaid are on field together.

There's room for one rookie receiver to play a good share of the remaining snaps. If you're trying to fit in two rookies, your going to be giving both of them very watered down roles.
PlayerOff SnapsTargets
Davis96681
Diggs949160
Kincaid69991
Shakir60445
Knox48736
Sherfield39222
Morris1853
Harty15521
Isabella20
Total4439459

Samuel played around 600 snaps last season. He has topped 800 snaps in 2 out of 7 seasons.

And even with adding in the TEs, they lost a ton of WR/TE snaps (55%) and targets (62%). It is not going to be made up by adding Samuel and giving Shakir and Kincaid larger roles. And expecting injuries to not happen isn't a smart plan, either.

I'm not expecting a big, early double dip at WR. But, I think there is a chance it could happen especially if they target a guy like Worthy who could be more of a role guy as a rookie.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I get your point but I think we saw such a change when Brady took over play-calling that it's hard to take last year as a whole into context. Seems to me like we'll just see a lot of those targets that went to WRs get directed to Kincaid and Cook and there's going to be more rushing attempts, I assume, as well.
That doesn't seem to jive with all the talk by Beane and McDermott about needing to be more explosive offensively.

Reactions: buffalowing88

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
According to thr buffalo news to assailant kep yelling im going to destroy mikey hamilton. Paul you smell like a ham sandwich. While the note he had sewn to his forehead read fook you john warrow im not paying an extra doll hair you scum.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's Draft Day, y'all!!!!!

We're using this thread all weekend, then while I'm bored off my ass proctoring exams on Monday.....I'll create a new offseason Bills thread!!

I have this set to go live at 7 PM ET (an hour before the draft)
Ok it’s time for me to finally ask: what in the world is a live message board thread?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ok it’s time for me to finally ask: what in the world is a live message board thread?
New posts will pop up without you having to refresh the page. No wait for my livestream video driving to burn down the stadium when they don’t do enough at WR

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't even care which WR. Just give me one that can slot outside. Stay put or trade up (1-3 spaces max).

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I voted trade out. I nearly always can get a good receiver in round 2, add a pick in round 3 and 4, and then use the 4th round picks to get back into round 3 or higher in round 4.

I think that's Beane's best path.

Reactions: billsandsabres

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad