Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Bills totally could've afford him if they wanted to (a $3 million cap would only add $2 to our current cap since K51 of $985,000 gets replaced). I just don't think he's particularly good anymore.

Couple thoughts: OBJ doesn't want to play in the colder weather, Beane got a 3 for 1 on depth players as opposed to going for one guy.

Are we expecting any other depth signings post June 1 (Tre money) ?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Couple thoughts: OBJ doesn't want to play in the colder weather, Beane got a 3 for 1 on depth players as opposed to going for one guy.

Are we expecting any other depth signings post June 1 (Tre money) ?
We don't have the money on the three signing yet, so it's hard to say. Are they all just $1 million each, thereby not costing anything? Are they all $2 million each, using all of our available funds and meaning we're dry until the Tre money?

I think they will do something with his money. I'm not expecting a big splash. But a vet boundary CB would seem in line. If Claypool is just a vet minimum camp body, someone in more like he 3-4 range wouldn't be shocking to be a backup Z. Not a lot of positions where I can otherwise see them adding. I guess DL is always in play.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
We don't have the money on the three signing yet, so it's hard to say. Are they all just $1 million each, thereby not costing anything? Are they all $2 million each, using all of our available funds and meaning we're dry until the Tre money?

I think they will do something with his money. I'm not expecting a big splash. But a vet boundary CB would seem in line. If Claypool is just a vet minimum camp body, someone in more like he 3-4 range wouldn't be shocking to be a backup Z. Not a lot of positions where I can otherwise see them adding. I guess DL is always in play.
Smoot is it for PR help do you think ?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Bolded - I'd made the same arguement against @Husko a little earlier in the thread.

Do you really think they're signing street FAs in June to multi year deals with void years? That seems far fetched.

When i mentioned trades above, im thinking guys still on a rookie deal who might be struggling / in need of a change in scenary. I don't think the chances of it happening are high & i think we'll go into the summer with more or less what we have.
They did it with Floyd last year....

To my point... OBJ just got $8.25m.
I believe OBJ's deal has a $3M base and incentives up to the $8M and change number.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I feel like that $4-$5 mill in cap space is reserved for Micah. They aren't signing anybody till they know his intentions for sure.

Last edited:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I don't think so man. If Hyde returns, he's all in. And with his injuries, it would be absurd to come back for a low cap hit.

It would, but there's two sides to that coin. With Hyde's injuries, Beane would be stupid to sign him for anything above the vet minimum.

I'm not saying he should sign for the minimum, and be grateful for it. Quite the opposite. I feel Micah deserves significantly more than what he's been paid to date, given everything he's accomplished on and off the field.

But with multiple neck injuries over the years, I think he and his family would be better served considering retirement rather than chasing a championship. At least this way, he's guaranteed his health for the duration of what should be the best years of his life.

We should all be so lucky to have a few million dollars in the bank account by the time we're 30, the house paid for, a clearly loving wife, and kids who are at the absolute best point in a child's life. With college educations bought and paid for already.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
We should do a Bills Super Bowl and beyond era team poll/discussion to kill time:

I’d go with:
QB: Allen, Kelly, Flutie
RB: Thomas, Jackson, McCoy
FB: Gash, Centers
TE; Jay R, Knox
WR: Reed, Moulds, Evans, Diggs
OT: Wolford, Dawkins, Peters
OG: Brown, Incognito, Richter
C: Hull, Wood

DE: Bruce, Schobel, Mario Williams, Hughes
DT: Oliver, Dareus, Washington, Williams and Williams
LB: Bennett, Talley, PauP, Spikes
CB: Clements, White, Gilmore, Winfield
S: Hyde, Poyer, Byrd

K Lindell
P Morman

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
We should do a Bills Super Bowl and beyond era team poll/discussion to kill time:

I’d go with:
TE; Jay R, Knox

LB: Bennett, Talley, Paul, Spikes

K Lindell
P Morman
So no Bryce Paup, he only won Defensive Player of the Year?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Way way off topic for the off-season but on topic for the 1990s talk.

If I could make one systemic change for the 1990s Bills, it’d be to put them in a 4-3 on defense.

The greatest simple impact would be Bruce Smith. He was doubled almost every down as a 3-4 end.

The second impact would be getting Bennett in space. He was best at Alabama as an off the ball linebacker.

Keep Fred Smerlas for the 1990 season. Seals-Wright-Smerlas-Smith as the line. Bennett-Conlan-Talley as the linebackers. Bennett could play end on passing downs like he always did.

I think putting a 275 DT in place of Ray Bentley would’ve made a difference against the Giants in 1990. Plus the Bills drafted John Parrella as a NT and he was a DT, but they cut him since he couldn’t make it. Same with John Patton. Those two likely make it as DTs.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I’d go with:
TE; Jay R, Knox

LB: Bennett, Talley, Paul, Spikes

K Lindell
P Morman

I'm sure you left OJ off for a reason but he's easily a top two RB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad