2024 Mustang - Equipped with Remote Rev

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The name does a good job of explaining exactly what it is. Via the key fob, you’ll be able to remotely rev the new Mustang after remotely starting it. This essentially takes remote starting your vehicle to a different level that we haven’t seen before. What problem is it solving, you ask? Well, obviously the age-old problem of the actual owner of their vehicle not being able to hear their stupid-loud exhaust from where they should be, directly behind the loud pipes. Now, you won’t need to ask a friend to go stab the throttle for you to hear your Mustang roar. Instead, you and your buddies can all hang out behind it while you stab some buttons on the fob to hear it go nuts.

Ford says the Remote Rev feature runs an actual revving program when you activate it. From our understanding, you’ll press a button after starting the car, and then your vehicle will bellow its music in a preset manner. Of course, this feature only works on Mustangs with an automatic transmission — opt for the manual, and you’ll need to do the pedal work yourself.

Meh...

At least it looks better than the last iteration did. Still not as good as the S197 generation though.

2024-Mustang-105-1024x555.jpg

2024-Mustang-05.jpg

2024-Mustang-09.jpg

2024-Mustang-20.jpg

JDP_2024%20Ford%20Mustang%20Interior%20Dashboard.jpg

Not a fan of that screen...
2024-ford-mustang-gt-35.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFolignosHelmet

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I like the gray. I don't like the red at all.

f*** the remote rev because I'm not interested in a Mustang without that awesome golf-ball Tremec tranny.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also, the "Dark Horse" limited edition for the 2024 Mustang...

“We talked about all different series within Mustang and felt this was now the right time to do something new,” said Piaskowski in an interview with R&T. “ We’ve got great heritage, but that just also leaves the door open for future opportunities. That’s where we see understanding our customer base, and knowing that we want to attract a newer customer. We know the current customer very well, and we have the GT which really resonates with that customer, but we feel Dark Horse is this new entry that we really feel brings a different customer into the mix. It’s a lot more track-focused.”
That potent V-8 can be mated to either a 10-speed automatic, or the Tremec-sourced six-speed manual offered in the Mach 1. The latter gearbox is a welcome addition in this case, as the Mustang’s standard MT82 manual gearbox has often been lamented for its lack of on-track prowess. The Dark Horse team also wanted to celebrate manual customers by offering a shift knob inspired by the titanium exhaust found on the mid-engined GT supercar. The shifter itself is topped with a 3D-printed bit of blue anodized titanium, which features a unique texture underneath to help with cooling the surface.

751587fb2864194929a958352ddd609a

400a6361b51be581efde99c4f08bf39c

ec4096a9c5e674a19bae04d850fa4f2b

Looks sick. I like the sceen TBH.
I don't like any screen in a car that looks like it was put in as an afterthought. Integrate it INTO the dash, don't have it sticking up separately from it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
gorgeous car, but does it still handle like a popped balloon?

as for the remote rev, cool? just screams "look what i can do!" useless feature but it's not hurting anything

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
gorgeous car, but does it still handle like a popped balloon?
i bet the track-focused versions don't.

mustang has always been more musclecar than track car for me. no road-legal mustang's going to compete with a 911 GT3 or Viper ACR on the track or anything, but those two cars are not competitors to begin with.
as for the remote rev, cool? just screams "look what i can do!" useless feature but it's not hurting anything
agreed.

In my opinion: f*** the remote rev, give me the Tremec and let me shift on my own. I know at least one poster with a Shelby Cobra that will agree.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i bet the track-focused versions don't.

mustang has always been more musclecar than track car for me. no road-legal mustang's going to compete with a 911 GT3 or Viper ACR on the track or anything, but those two cars are not competitors to begin with.

agreed.

In my opinion: f*** the remote rev, give me the Tremec and let me shift on my own. I know at least one poster with a Shelby Cobra that will agree.
I assume they still handle like trash, but I can't ignore the cost. They are good looking cars with a good deal of power, for a good price. They've almost always been that way.

Like you said though, they definitely have some not so inexpensive trim levels that I assume drive like an entirely different machine.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I assume they still handle like trash, but I can't ignore the cost. They are good looking cars with a good deal of power, for a good price. They've almost always been that way.

Like you said though, they definitely have some not so inexpensive trim levels that I assume drive like an entirely different machine.
Yep. Let's compare a Mustang with say, a Mazda MX-5. The MX-5 is going to crush the Mustang in terms of shifter feel (unless you have the Tremec; base Mustang manual doesn't hold a candle to the Miata's) and agility (since you can dance like a damn ballerina with those things.) But what the Miata doesn't have is a violent V8 roar and slam-you-back-in-your-seat power.

I'd like to hope that those track-focused Mustang versions can cut down on the body lean and improve the steering feel at speed, though the ride quality is likely much harsher. The base level Mustangs, at least from the ones I've driven, definitely don't feel nimble since that was never their focus.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yep. Let's compare a Mustang with say, a Mazda MX-5. The MX-5 is going to crush the Mustang in terms of shifter feel (unless you have the Tremec; base Mustang manual doesn't hold a candle to the Miata's) and agility (since you can dance like a damn ballerina with those things.) But what the Miata doesn't have is a violent V8 roar and slam-you-back-in-your-seat power.

I'd like to hope that those track-focused Mustang versions can cut down on the body lean and improve the steering feel at speed, though the ride quality is likely much harsher. The base level Mustangs, at least from the ones I've driven, definitely don't feel nimble since that was never their focus.
Have you driven a newer Miata? They are shockingly quick. Still sound lame, and I can hardly sit in it with the seat all the way back, but they scoot off the line.

Still would rather the Ford! I am a sucker for the growl

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

A true muscle car is intended for the drag strip, not a road course. You hammer the throttle pointing straight on a smooth road. Doing so while turning on a bumpy road is asking for a spin.

I love the Mustang for being a muscle car first and foremost.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad