Prospect Info: 2024 IIHF U18 WJC

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I think you could get up to 11 ish, but I don't see us trading up into the top 10 based on historic draft-day trades.

The 2019 AZ trade (14th and 45 for 11th OA) seems to be a solid target for trade up expectations.

Maybe with new ownership theyll keep the pick though? with them saying they want to compete now?

I know it's not easy to move up but I just think if we have a chance to move up for an eiserman, iginla or whomever else I think this is the year to do it

Might be our last chance to add a top end prospect to our pool for a while. If it takes throwing in a prospect like Andrew Gibson to move up I'd do it. Wallinder with buium signed. Sure

We need to add a top 6 guy with skill over the sure 2 way guy

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Finland - Norway 7-0

Joona Saarelainen - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
Saarelainen was promoted to 1st line to play next to Helenius and Hemming, and he used his chance very well. Interesting prospect, quite small but very competitive, good shot, drives to the net all the time, battles hard. Seems to have a high character, wears "A" in national team and in his club team. And described himself as person who is always pushing and prepping everyone else. Interesting stats in U18 national team for this season 12 games and 10 goals, or actually 13 games and 11 goals after today.

Kim Saarinen - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
Goalie prospect, he didn't really get tested today but Finland U20 league goalie of the year and did get couple Liiga games too under his belt. 17 years old and 6'4'' already

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe with new ownership theyll keep the pick though? with them saying they want to compete now?

I know it's not easy to move up but I just think if we have a chance to move up for an eiserman, iginla or whomever else I think this is the year to do it

Might be our last chance to add a top end prospect to our pool for a while. If it takes throwing in a prospect like Andrew Gibson to move up I'd do it. Wallinder with buium signed. Sure

We need to add a top 6 guy with skill over the sure 2 way guy
I agree, but, I'm not sure Eiserman is the guy. Iginla not sure on yet.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Joona Saarelainen - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
Saarelainen was promoted to 1st line to play next to Helenius and Hemming, and he used his chance very well. Interesting prospect, quite small but very competitive, good shot, drives to the net all the time, battles hard. Seems to have a high character, wears "A" in national team and in his club team. And described himself as person who is always pushing and prepping everyone else. Interesting stats in U18 national team for this season 12 games and 10 goals, or actually 13 games and 11 goals after today.
Another goal and assist today. Im starting to like this kid, definitely will be available in the later rounds. Finland leads Slovakia 4-0 after 2nd.

Sweden - Czechia 0-0

USA - Latvia & Canada - Switzerland later on today.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Group stage is finished. Three big blowouts in final games

Norway - Slovakia 1-11
Finland - USA 4-9 (Hagens 3+3, Stiga 3+0)
Kazakhstan - Canada 3-11 (McKenna 2+4, Martone 1+4 & for the Kazakhs Assnali Sarkenov 3+0)

GROUP A:
1. USA
2. Finland
3. Slovakia
4. Latvia
5. Norway

GROUP B:
1. Canada
2. Czechia
3. Sweden
4. Switzerland
5. Kazakhstan

Q-Finals:
USA - Switzerland
Canada - Latvia
Finland - Sweden
Czechia - Slovakia

Relegation game:
Kazakhstan - Norway

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Ok who's a 2026 1st round pick we can target who might actually deal the pick and hope that team has a bad year and gets some bad luck with injuries ?? Vegas? Eichel and stone get injured all year? Lol Dallas ? Pavelski Benn Seguin all go downhill and hintz gets hurt lol

I want gavin McKenna f***

Reactions: ShanahanMan

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Over scouting is a real phenomenon. However I still don't like his game. He reminds a Phil Kessel too much.

Fernstom is my dream 2nd round pick. Little choppy in his stride but he could turn into our Robertson.

He has such good vision and hands.

Yeah but unless you have a prime crosby/malkin around him, those types of players make it very hard to win with them.

It really depends on our options. I wouldnt take a consistent 30 goal regular season champ if he's going to struggle in the post season and he's not going to play a team game.

Eiserman isnt bad for a worse case scenario at 15, but he doesnt really move the needle towards competing for championships all that much.

the f*** you on about? Phil Kessel should have a Conn Smythe and has a higher career points per game in the Playoffs than he does in the regular season

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really like this Bednarik kid on the US team. Would be an ideal pick for us in round 2 if he’s there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad