Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft Thread - Let's Talk About Picks, Bay-bee

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Letourneau at #21 would be disappointing to say the least. Do not mind him yet at 21 there are decently better options. My realistic hope would be that Connelly drops to us. Otherwise a few guys there I would not mind: Hage, Surin, Sennecke, Greentree and Chernyshkov. Just no interest in another T. Bjornfot, J. Hughes, etc vanilla like pick. Try and get a better piece not a potential 3rd line/pairing guy.
Of all the prospects in the draft, I'm fairly confident that Connelly's not an option. Unless Bergevin is running the Kings.

• Haha
Reactions: apadilla

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Of all the prospects in the draft, I'm fairly confident that Connelly's not an option. Unless Bergevin is running the Kings.
Only reason he would be available there is the PR. Top ten in talent. More important though to get vanilla character players like Bjornfot and Hughes!

Players have done WAY more questionable things and still went drafted. Connelly posted a picture of a nazi symbol when 16 and quickly removed it. Dumb dumb dumb move. Plenty of reports from all kind of others including coaches and trainers come his work ethic, being a team player, etc.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Only reason he would be available there is the PR. Top ten in talent. More important though to get vanilla character players like Bjornfot and Hughes!

Players have done WAY more questionable things and still went drafted. Connelly posted a picture of a nazi symbol when 16 and quickly removed it. Dumb dumb dumb move. Plenty of reports from all kind of others including coaches and trainers come his work ethic, being a team player, etc.
I've read of issues with teammates, too. It's not just the Nazi symbol issue.

You can have personality, or even be a heel on the ice, and still be a good teammate. Look at Brandt Clarke.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
my condolences to any young, promising player drafted by the kings:

#1. be prepared to spend at least 1 yr in the ahl getting your brains beat out.
2. expect not to be promoted on a basis of skill/talent but on agent choice and popularity and other "intangibles".
3. expect to be placed on a line or paired with borderine nhl quality talent
4. forget about actually competing against actual professional organizations on a team level.
5. media exposure will be minimal and non exisistant in the eatern time zones.
6. be set up to fail at every turn by an organization that wont pay you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad