2024 Draft

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
And McQueen would have been a bigger name if he was still playing.
Add in Hensler, Schaeffer, Desnoyers, Ryabkin, Moore, Wozniak, Spence and a few highly touted goalies and it looks to me like a good draft.

Very true, if we can get more picks for 2025, that would be awesome.

In the offseason the Flames need to trade Markstrom, Coleman, Anderrson and one other vet.

Teams will be desperate to get over the hump.

The Flames to finish in the bottom 5, while making sure Florida finishes high(sent Coleman to Florida for less.)

Top heavy maybe in the sense that Hagens seems to be the clear #1, like this year. Misa at times over the past couple years has made an arguement, but Hagens has been clearly ahead for most of that time.

This is 100% true, this draft has the potential to be a very good one.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Very true, if we can get more picks for 2025, that would be awesome.

In the offseason the Flames need to trade Markstrom, Coleman, Anderrson and one other vet.

Teams will be desperate to get over the hump.

The Flames to finish in the bottom 5, while making sure Florida finishes high(sent Coleman to Florida for less.)

This is 100% true, this draft has the potential to be a very good one.
Sucks that LV is crapping out and we could lose that 2nd rnd pick next year
But then again, a bird in the had is worth 2 in the bush!

Reactions: viper0220

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I hope we take a swing on players with high upside with our second first. Justin Poirier for example could be the next Stankoven. Would love him with Van’s pick

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I hope we take a swing on players with high upside with our second first. Justin Poirier for example could be the next Stankoven. Would love him with Van’s pick
I have JP on my 2nd rnd wish list with about 6 or so others. I think late 1st might be a reach for him.
Someone ranked around 15th will drop to around 25...Guys like Connelly, Boisvert, Hage, Ritchie.
Your boy Artamonov might be there too

Last edited:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
only saw one video on him but he cheats the defensive side hard and I doubt he’s as talented as stankoven

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
These are my rankings

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov-explosive offensive talent
3. Buium- creates space with his skating. High IQ
4. Dickinson- such a smart player. He won’t be flashy so our fan base will probably hate him but these are the guys you win with.
5. Levshunov-big and skilled. Some warts but he’s got high end potential.
6. Lindstrom- big center. More of a project but he’s the kind of player that can be a 1C down the line.
7. Eiserman- just too much skill. Future first liner. Tough to pick him with our need at C and D
8. Catton- highly skilled C with a dynamic quality
9. Iginla- smart and skilled. I don’t know if he can skate with enough explosiveness to play C though
10. Silayev- punishing, he can skate and he will chip in offensively
11. Yakemchuk- world class tools. Elite offensively. Has a lot of work to do. Kinda reminds me of Dougie
12. Helenius- Just a smart player. Lacks explosiveness though
13. Parekh- he’s got skill but I am not sure we can pick another offensively oriented D. We need guys who can shut down the cycle and move the puck

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
These are my rankings

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov-explosive offensive talent
3. Buium- creates space with his skating. High IQ
4. Dickinson- such a smart player. He won’t be flashy so our fan base will probably hate him but these are the guys you win with.
5. Levshunov-big and skilled. Some warts but he’s got high end potential.
6. Lindstrom- big center. More of a project but he’s the kind of player that can be a 1C down the line.
7. Eiserman- just too much skill. Future first liner. Tough to pick him with our need at C and D
8. Catton- highly skilled C with a dynamic quality
9. Iginla- smart and skilled. I don’t know if he can skate with enough explosiveness to play C though
10. Silayev- punishing, he can skate and he will chip in offensively
11. Yakemchuk- world class tools. Elite offensively. Has a lot of work to do. Kinda reminds me of Dougie
12. Helenius- Just a smart player. Lacks explosiveness though
13. Parekh- he’s got skill but I am not sure we can pick another offensively oriented D. We need guys who can shut down the cycle and move the puck

If we land the 9th pick(which is most likely) and we can get the Devils 1st round pick, that will be win/win.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I’m thinking all our desireables will be gone by 9.

Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, Helenius and Eiserman are left. Throw Sennecke in there who seems to be rising.

Who do you take? I’m going Helenius

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’d be shocked if Buium was still there, he was the best D on Team USA and a championship team in Denver as a draft eligible. That doesn’t happen. Also if you look at the draft, most of those teams sorely need D.

Columbus, Anaheim almost for sure go D.
Only really Montreal looks like they need a F for sure. Celebrini is going 1, after that this is the most unpredictable draft in a decade at least.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I’d be shocked if Buium was still there, he was the best D on Team USA and a championship team in Denver as a draft eligible. That doesn’t happen. Also if you look at the draft, most of those teams sorely need D.

Columbus, Anaheim almost for sure go D.
Only really Montreal looks like they need a F for sure. Celebrini is going 1, after that this is the most unpredictable draft in a decade at least.
If that’s the case maybe Iginla or Dickinson will be there for us

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I like him too & have mentioned his name a bunch of times. Hoping he's still an option with our 2nd, him getting injured & not being able to play USHL could drop him a bit. Real project - lots of potential & question marks.

Our 1st: A top 7 player drops, or Iginla, Helenius, Yak
Van 1st: A player ranked around 20th that drops: Connelly, Boisvert, Hage, Ritchie
2nd: Surprise drop, or Luchanko, Beaudoin, Misa, Jecho, Letourneau, Meittinen
Late 2nd: A physical Dman thats dropped a bit - Emery, Skahan, Eliasson, Pulkinen, Gill, Lavoie

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I know there’s a size bias here meaning that most don’t want to see us draft just for size but after watching all these 0-0 games going into the third periods and NHL coaches designing stifling playoff systems we can’t build around small skill players. You can have a few but we don’t need another Pelletier. Caveat is the solid built guys like the Marchands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad