2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
What does everybody expect/hope for from the Hawks next season?

I expect to see an improved Bedard who will hopefully have a better supporting cast. I'm excited to see how he fares at the World Hockey Championship.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

I expect to see an improved Bedard who will hopefully have a better supporting cast. I'm excited to see how he fares at the World Hockey Championship.
Surround Bedard with real NHL talent, hope some kids step up, and be more competitive. However, I hope they can still have a top 5 pick next year

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Surround Bedard with real NHL talent, hope some kids step up, and be more competitive. However, I hope they can still have a top 5 pick next year

It's tough sledding at the bottom of the league year in and year out, eh?

I want to see a much more competitive team this year.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

The season will be a win if the young players take the next step. Winning will depend on how fast they all develop.

I'm expecting a couple legit 2nd tier scoring forwards to be signed along with a 3rd pair D and a 1B goalie. Taylor Hall coming back will help. He is not what he once was but he can still produce offense. He brings more offense than 90% of the forwards that were on the team last year. He's also in a contract year so expect him to be motivated to score.

I expect the team to be in and around 35 wins.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I also anticipate that signing a legitimate NHL defenseman that can stay healthy to play with Korchinski and a 3rd pairing of Murphy and whichever lefty young defenseman they play with him will make a huge difference. That revolving door of Tinordi/Megna/Zaitsev/Phillips/Crevier was really bad on the 3rd pair.

And then when Murphy inevitably gets hurt, I'd just bring up another one of the young lefty D to play on the right side.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Tough to see many teams that finished above us, finish below us next year. San Jose will still be bad, Columbus maybe, Utah maybe. Montreal, Ottawa, and Anaheim will probably be better still.
we could go from 52 to 72 and still be the 4th worst team. SJ could be in the 40's next year but after that I'm thinking 65 is the next worst team. I think the goal is not about were we finish its about being more competitive and start moving up the standings.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'll be paying more attention to an improved goal differential than the specific spot in the standings. As I've said, a lot of teams above that Sharks/Hawks/Ducks group are teams that have been rebuilding for a bit and are looking to make the next steps. The ones above them that could drop off likely won't do it too dramatically since they're less inclined to totally blow it up this offseason.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Depends on what KD does in the draft + free agency. It sounds like we’re not running it back with the squad of hardly NHL talent which is music to my ears. Tough to have specific expectations at this point but anything beyond being a gutter team with pseudo NHL players on it next year is nice.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Couple of points/questions:
1) What's changed in Duke's game since he's been here?
2) Samsonov - can't handle him when he's not on his game.
Nothing changed in his game but he is better then what we have in a lot of players on this roster. His speed matches Davidsons type. We can also flip him at a deadline.

Samsonov off his game no worse or better then Arvidsson.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Nothing changed in his game but he is better then what we have in a lot of players on this roster. His speed matches Davidsons type. We can also flip him at a deadline.

Samsonov off his game no worse or better then Arvidsson.
Duclair sucks as much as he ever has. So what if he skates fast? Useless defensively, can’t play with teammates.

Davidson was here the first time Duclair was here. If he signs that plug, it’s a huge mark against him and shows he doesn’t understand what type of forward we actually need.

We don’t need another AA/Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad