2023 World Junior Championship - December 26th - January 5th

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Man, I wonder if after then reno if Hamilton might be able to get this tournament, or share it with Windsor and London.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Man, I wonder if after then reno if Hamilton might be able to get this tournament, or share it with Windsor and London.
London/Kitchener bid to host this very tournament. I'd imagine the new arena in Moncton helped the case this time around, but also, Halifax is fun.

A Hamilton/Kitchener, Hamilton /Oshawa has potential.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
All I know is the 2009 Championship Tournament on Ottawa was the best ever. Hands down. Best $$$ I’ve ever spent on hockey tickets in my old life!

Last edited:
Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
All I know is the 2009 Championship Tournament on Ottawa was the best ever. Hands down. Beat $$$ I’ve ever spent on hockey tickets in my old life!

I went to the one in Helsinki in 2016 and I can't recommend it enough. Left from Windsor on Boxing Day, via Toronto and another layover in Europe, got to Helsinki on an off-day. I stayed a good 15 min from the rink; get away from the tourist stuff. I knew my way around anyway lol... From the fans to the atmosphere, the food to the culture... I was speechless. Being there in person is different than what you see on TV, at least in terms of the different countries coming together off the ice. It's such a unique experience that I think everyone should try at least once.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
My favorite hockey of the year. Any year. I don’t have NHL Network currently. Is there pay per view streaming?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
London/Kitchener bid to host this very tournament. I'd imagine the new arena in Moncton helped the case this time around, but also, Halifax is fun.

A Hamilton/Kitchener, Hamilton /Oshawa has potential.
The problem with Hamilton/Oshawa is Toronto will likely want in, and I seem to recall the last time they hosted it was a bit of a debacle.

Windsor, London, Kitchener and Hamilton strikes me as a great corridor, especially since save for TD Place, they are the OHL's biggest venues.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
All I know is the 2009 Championship Tournament on Ottawa was the best ever. Hands down. Best $$$ I’ve ever spent on hockey tickets in my old life!
Agree 💯%. Have been to Buffalo, Edmonton, Windsor as well as Ottawa with full ticket packages at each. Ottawa was best.

Reactions: rve24 and OMG67

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The problem with Hamilton/Oshawa is Toronto will likely want in, and I seem to recall the last time they hosted it was a bit of a debacle.

Windsor, London, Kitchener and Hamilton strikes me as a great corridor, especially since save for TD Place, they are the OHL's biggest venues.
I heard Hamilton and Niagara.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London

I was strictly speaking for OHL buildings as I know the idea was to bring the tourney back to those cities/arenas. Lots of great options in Ontario.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
My prediction is that Halifax is going to blow the roof off this tournament this year. This tournament just seems to show better in junior hockey cities, as opposed to NHL cities.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
VPN won’t work. I’ve tried for several years to bypass the TSN location lock while skiing over Christmas in the US. It’s never work yet to eliminate the block while choosing Canadian cities as my location.

Unless I’ve applied the tech incorrectly but don’t think so.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
I believe Windsor/Detroit tried a cross-border hosting thing and the IIHF went with Edmonton instead.
Would love to see it hosted in Hockeytown but would they need a second arena? Having them all in Little Caesars Arena would be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad