2023 U Sports Recruiting

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Big faceoff guy. Something UNB could use with Willms moving on.
The best in the OHL’s Eastern Conference according to this year’s Coaches Poll…

Similar offensive numbers too…24-30=54 in 65 games. Willms was at 22-31=53 in 60 games in his overage year.

Last edited:

Carleton

Dec 17, 2022
Truth be told we’ve had less than stellar results in the face off circle the past couple seasons

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Justin Paul
Richard Whittaker red shirt from last year Lakehead a little confused about Pauls eligibility he played 4 years d1 so he's basically a 1 year guy?

The rule (maybe 'old' now) was if you graduated from NCAA (in 4 years) you were ineligible for USPORTS even if you had 1 year left. The thought was - regardless of the length of your tenure, it represented your Undergrad career. The work-around (I believe) is you have to go into Grad School - you can't enroll in an Undergrad program.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The new(er) rule for USports is that Canadians can "come home" and not have to sit a year if they transfer from a NCAA school. I guess that would still be case if you were in NCAA and didn't finish your undergrad degree yet, even if it was four years? On the other hand, if you are going into a professional or graduate level program in Canada such as MBA, Education or Law, I don't see any issue.

MiamiHockeyII

Mar 24, 2022
The new(er) rule for USports is that Canadians can "come home" and not have to sit a year if they transfer from a NCAA school. I guess that would still be case if you were in NCAA and didn't finish your undergrad degree yet, even if it was four years? On the other hand, if you are going into a professional or graduate level program in Canada such as MBA, Education or Law, I don't see any issue.

The NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility to every student-athlete who competed in the 20-21 season, which was Justin Paul's first season at St Lawrence. Justin Paul should thus have one year of NCAA eligibility remaining, and he should have two years of USports eligibility remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00