2023 Team Sweden World under 17 Hockey Challenge roster talk

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
The tournament is set to be played during 2-11 november and so the roster should be announced within a couple of days. Last year it was announced on the 20th.

It'll be interesting to see how the roster shapes up and how they'll stand against American and Canadian competition.

These would be my preferred lines:

Novotny - Frondell - Ihs Wozniak
Ekberg - Gästrin - Klingsell
Stenberg - Hillström - Jennersjö
Genborg - Nilson - Drott
Sonestedt

Lindgren - Annborn
Sjöström - Boumedienne
Dahlqvist - Wahlund
Häggblad

Goos
Sörqvist/Forsberg

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Yeah i also look forward too see how they play vs NA players, hope the tournament will be streamed.

My top 6 is similar like u:

Stenberg - Nilson - Morin
Andersson - Drott - Larsson

Sjöström - Annborn
Boumedienne - Dahlqvist
Wahlund - Lindgren
Funck

Goos

Stacked team imo, and seems like we have a great coach. This year i can see us win atleast bronze.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Think the top 6 is pretty set in stone. After Stenberg & Nilson it can go several directions:

Stenberg - Nilson - Drott
Larsson - Hillström - Jennersjö

Sjöström - Boumedienne
Lindgren - Annborn
Wahlund - Dahlqvist

Forsberg

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The tournament is set to be played during 2-11 november and so the roster should be announced within a couple of days. Last year it was announced on the 20th.

It'll be interesting to see how the roster shapes up and how they'll stand against American and Canadian competition.

These would be my preferred lines:

Stenberg - Hillström - Jennersjö
Genborg - Nilson - Drott
Sonestedt

Lindgren - Annborn
Sjöström - Boumedienne
Dahlqvist - Wahlund
Häggblad

Goos
Sörqvist/Forsberg
Nilson should be 3C

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Nilson should be 3C
I just like Hillström more, and I don’t think Nilson should be playing J20 already. It’s taken a toll on him and he’s looked a little more out of place for each game. Now that most of Örebro’s lineup is back, he should be sticking in J18. Though, Nilson and Hillström are pretty much interchangeable to me, so as long as both are on the team I’ll have it either way.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Stenberg - Nilson - Hillström
Jennersjö - Genborg - Morin
Skarby

Boumedienne - Annborn
Dahlqvist - Sjöström
Wahlund - Håkansson
Hallin

Sörqvist

Yep, i love speculating lines.. i dont know why. Like theslatcher said, the top 6 is set in stone, it should be atleast. I hope Ekberg and Frondell steps up and show that they are high end prospects.

Great to see Sjöström back too btw

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
I would've preferred to have Drott over Morin, but I like Morin either way and he'll definetly bring some appreciated intensity.

Like previously mentioned, fairly forseen roster and for good reason.

For the bottom 6 lines I'm pretty much clueless to how they'll shape it. The only bet I'm willing to make is that Morin will be RW 4

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
One of the strongest U17 teams Sweden has nominated in recent years, despite missing the No 1 goalie. Should be a fun tourney. Anyone heard how long Härenstam is out?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Ivar strikes me as more of a playmaker than Otto. Hockey sense probably better than his bro, but Otto has a nice release and a different intensity in his game.

Ivar grew an insane amount this past year. So, physically he has been behind his peers a while. Interesting to see if he’ll end up being among the very best among his (swe) peers like Otto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad