Prokhor Poltapov
Ilya Kvochko (04)
------------
HM: Artyom Grushnikov, Stiven Sardaryan, Nikita Blednov

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sergei Ivanov will be in contention for a goaltending spot. I think he’ll likely compete for the starting spot. Nikolai Makarov is probably a lock on defense.

Artyom Duda, Vladislav Sapunov, and Semyon Sinyatkin are some others to add to the list.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I really wanted to see how the Askarov journey would end to be honest. He struck me as gold or bust here (something about this tourney doesn't work for him).

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I really wanted to see how the Askarov journey would end to be honest. He struck me as gold or bust here (something about this tourney doesn't work for him).

He doesn't catch regularly, he has only played in ten matches so far this season. Compare him to Wallstedt , it's a completely different league just in that Lulea is number one. Since more talk about Askarov began, I think he clearly shone in 2019 in the U18 semifinal against the USA, when Russia won 3-2. He may have had more good matches, but I rather remember that he was changed several times and didn't even finish the tournament.

I don't intend to make him a bad golakeeper, I just write that his quality has stuck in development. He should have been somewhere else a long time ago, and he's just stepping on the spot. They'll have a lot of work to do with him in Nashville so he can catch in the NHL at all. Saros also waited a relatively long time before winning the number one position, and the organization managed to prepare Saros well for the NHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He doesn't catch regularly, he has only played in ten matches so far this season. Compare him to Wallstedt , it's a completely different league just in that Lulea is number one. Since more talk about Askarov began, I think he clearly shone in 2019 in the U18 semifinal against the USA, when Russia won 3-2. He may have had more good matches, but I rather remember that he was changed several times and didn't even finish the tournament.

I don't intend to make him a bad golakeeper, I just write that his quality has stuck in development. He should have been somewhere else a long time ago, and he's just stepping on the spot. They'll have a lot of work to do with him in Nashville so he can catch in the NHL at all. Saros also waited a relatively long time before winning the number one position, and the organization managed to prepare Saros well for the NHL.
I wanted my Oil to draft him badly!

I'm surprised by all this. I'm a big fan but I only see him at Jrs and those are always shaky.

Czechs have a similar comparison in Jakub Skarek (not as good as askarov) but he always plays poorly for Czechs but is generally quite good. I thought Nasvhille was brilliant for drafting him. Coincidentlaly, my oil passed on Walstedt when he fell to us. He looked amazing against Slovakia.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I wanted my Oil to draft him badly!

I'm surprised by all this. I'm a big fan but I only see him at Jrs and those are always shaky.

Czechs have a similar comparison in Jakub Skarek (not as good as askarov) but he always plays poorly for Czechs but is generally quite good. I thought Nasvhille was brilliant for drafting him. Coincidentlaly, my oil passed on Walstedt when he fell to us. He looked amazing against Slovakia.

I'v read several interviews with Wallstedt, his answers are not like all the children his age, he is mentally a few years ahead. And this is what adds the uniqueness to the few junior goalkeepers. They stand firmly on the ground, they are not thrown away by a bad match, the next day there is a new chance for him to win. In the mental relm, in my opinion, Askarov is losing to Wallstedt. That's why Wallstedt will have a faster trip to the NHL than Askarov.

When you look at both goalkeepers in what style they catch, Wallstedt's movements are smooth, he knows exactly what to do. At Askarov, I often feel that he will decide at the least possible moment and hopes that the puck will hit him. But that doesn't mean Askarov can't be a better goalkeeper than Wallstedt in the NHL or NT.

Yes, I agree, he acted very confidently against Slovakia, he did not lose the puck and did not give the Slovaks a chance to arrive. And this self-confidence is then transferred to the defends, which knows that if it has a certain goalkeeper, it is better to play.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'v read several interviews with Wallstedt, his answers are not like all the children his age, he is mentally a few years ahead. And this is what adds the uniqueness to the few junior goalkeepers. They stand firmly on the ground, they are not thrown away by a bad match, the next day there is a new chance for him to win. In the mental relm, in my opinion, Askarov is losing to Wallstedt. That's why Wallstedt will have a faster trip to the NHL than Askarov.

When you look at both goalkeepers in what style they catch, Wallstedt's movements are smooth, he knows exactly what to do. At Askarov, I often feel that he will decide at the least possible moment and hopes that the puck will hit him. But that doesn't mean Askarov can't be a better goalkeeper than Wallstedt in the NHL or NT.

Yes, I agree, he acted very confidently against Slovakia, he did not lose the puck and did not give the Slovaks a chance to arrive. And this self-confidence is then transferred to the defends, which knows that if it has a certain goalkeeper, it is better to play.
It's tougher for athletic goalies vs fundamental ones. However, if I were to name best goalies of all time ... most were athletic. At the same time... the majority of great goalies are fundamental.

I like both.. curious how it ends for both of them. They are in good teams for NHL goalies too.. eg. My Oil would've ruined both.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Strong team if Ivanov holds up in goal.

Chibrikov-Svechkov-Michkov
Perevalov-Ivantsov-Yurov
Miroshnichenko-Kvochko-Poltapov
Lazutin-Katelevskiy-Sinyatkin
Demidov-Fedotov

Makarov-Grudinin
Mintyukov-Kudryavtsev
Koromyslov-Sapunov
Novikov-Lukasevich

Ivanov
Gerasmiyuk
Vyazvoy

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
It's tougher for athletic goalies vs fundamental ones. However, if I were to name best goalies of all time ... most were athletic. At the same time... the majority of great goalies are fundamental.

I like both.. curious how it ends for both of them. They are in good teams for NHL goalies too.. eg. My Oil would've ruined both.

Why would Edmonton destroyed both? I don't follow Edmonton in depth, do they have a problem with their prospects? Bakersfield now has three goalkeepers who have been drafted since 2017.

I agree that athletic goalkeepers are more visible in history. I prefer goalkeepers like Markström, Vasilevsky, Kuemper or just Wallstedt. It is clear that there is a lot of work ahead of Wallstedt before he gains a stable position in the NHL, in my view he has a lot of things right now. It just depends on how they work with him in Minnesota.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Why would Edmonton destroyed both? I don't follow Edmonton in depth, do they have a problem with their prospects? Bakersfield now has three goalkeepers who have been drafted since 2017.

I agree that athletic goalkeepers are more visible in history. I prefer goalkeepers like Markström, Vasilevsky, Kuemper or just Wallstedt. It is clear that there is a lot of work ahead of Wallstedt before he gains a stable position in the NHL, in my view he has a lot of things right now. It just depends on how they work with him in Minnesota.
The last starting goalie the oil developed that was successful in Edmonton was Fuhr.

Dubnyk became good after leaving.

I cannot think of another one.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
The last starting goalie the oil developed that was successful in Edmonton was Fuhr.

Dubnyk became good after leaving.

I cannot think of another one.

If you have a place under the ceiling, then you can sign aynone.

Colorado has no goalkeepers, the last drafted and somewhat successful goalkeeper with more than ten starts was Calvin Pickard. I think Justus Annunen can break it.

Twenty years ago, Peter Budaj was chosen from 63rd place in the second round. Such a small footprint in the history of Colorado.

Reactions: Czechboy

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
There's so much depth in the attack I hope the staff considers moving Yurov to C, which he has played on occasion.

Chibrikov - Svechkov - Michkov
Miroshnichenko - Yurov - Petrov
Fedotov - Ivantsov - Poltapov
Perevalov - Lazutin - Katelevsky
Kvochko

Mintyukov - Koromyslov
Grudinin - Novikov
Makarov - Duda
Kudryavtsev

Ivanov
Gerasimyuk

hockey maniac

Sep 25, 2020
First of all i think we have potentially strongest team in my memory. Hard choise for coach especially in defence where we have so much depth. I only want that next our coach will be Vladimir Filatov who deserved it for his work with u17 and u18 teames.

Sergey Ivanov
Semyon Vyazovoi
Kirill Gerasimyuk

Nikolay Makarov - Vladimir Grudinin
Arseniy Koromyslov - Nikita Novikov
Pavel Mintyukov - Alexandr Pelevin
Mikhail Gulyaev

Matvey Michkov - Fedor Svechkov - Nikita Chibrikov
Danila Yurov - Ilya Ivantsov - Prokhor Poltapov
Alexandr Perevalov - Dmitriy Katelevskiy - Ivan Miroshnichenko
Ilya Fedotov - Ilya Kvochko - Matvey Petrov
Nikita Blednov

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
First of all i think we have potentially strongest team in my memory. Hard choise for coach especially in defence where we have so much depth. I only want that next our coach will be Vladimir Filatov who deserved it for his work with u17 and u18 teames.

Sergey Ivanov
Semyon Vyazovoi
Kirill Gerasimyuk

Nikolay Makarov - Vladimir Grudinin
Arseniy Koromyslov - Nikita Novikov
Pavel Mintyukov - Alexandr Pelevin
Mikhail Gulyaev

Matvey Michkov - Fedor Svechkov - Nikita Chibrikov
Danila Yurov - Ilya Ivantsov - Prokhor Poltapov
Alexandr Perevalov - Dmitriy Katelevskiy - Ivan Miroshnichenko
Ilya Fedotov - Ilya Kvochko - Matvey Petrov
Nikita Blednov
It’s a shame, this would have been a real fun team to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00