2023 NHL Draft Thread

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Interesting listening to a Trotz interview on 102.5. He elaborated on his "taking swings" mantra. He wants an elite trait, something a player can hang their hat on. He said he didn't care the size or the flaws and they would try to develop them.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Will the Preds make a trade before the trade? I say a minor one, only because of the other GMs.
Somebody should create a new "GDT" tagged draft thread for tomorrow. And put a poll in it on whether the Preds trade up or not.

I think they'll trade up. I am not keen on that idea. But I do think Trotz has something lined up for the fans. :eek3:

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Interesting listening to a Trotz interview on 102.5. He elaborated on his "taking swings" mantra. He wants an elite trait, something a player can hang their hat on. He said he didn't care the size or the flaws and they would try to develop them.
He will have no shortage of such guys to choose from at #15, that's for sure. There are guys with elite vision but flawed skating, guys the opposite like Moore, just about everything under the sun all mixed together in that swirling #9-40 ocean of players in this draft.

But I am still of the opinion that some flaws can be improved upon more easily than others via development. As in, skating can almost always be improved. Vision/IQ/hockey sense can't.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He will have no shortage of such guys to choose from at #15, that's for sure. There are guys with elite vision but flawed skating, guys the opposite like Moore, just about everything under the sun all mixed together in that swirling #9-40 ocean of players in this draft.

But I am still of the opinion that some flaws can be improved upon more easily than others via development. As in, skating can almost always be improved. Vision/IQ/hockey sense can't.
...also the first thing I thought of was "you mean a trait like the best slapper on the team we just waived"

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad