2023 NHL Draft Prospect Watch: Adam Fantilli, GTHL

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Yes, we're talking about the 2023 NHL Draft.

In the midst of the 2018-19 GTHL season, forward Adam Fantilli of the Toronto Red Wings has already cemented him status as an elite NHL prospect. As a Dec. '04, Fantilli is close to two years younger than his competition at the minor midget level, yet has not looked out of place -- in fact, he's stood tall above his foes and teammates.

Learn more about Fantilli here, as he'll be a player to keep tabs on in the coming years:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

In the midst of the 2018-19 GTHL season, forward Adam Fantilli of the Toronto Red Wings has already cemented him status as an elite NHL prospect. As a Dec. '04, Fantilli is close to two years younger than his competition at the minor midget level, yet has not looked out of place -- in fact, he's stood tall above his foes and teammates.

Learn more about Fantilli here, as he'll be a player to keep tabs on in the coming years:

The comment about him “standing tall above his foes and teammates” was initially concerning, as my mind immediately jumped to, “yet another kid who dominates his peers to an incredible margin due to having hit an early growth spurt.”

I’m glad I read the article and watched the video. Seems like he could be the real deal. Also, it’s crazy that the 2023 draft isn’t all that far away. McDavid, Crosby, and others were all being hyped four years before their draft year. I hope the kid can become something special.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
The comment about him “standing tall above his foes and teammates” was initially concerning, as my mind immediately jumped to, “yet another kid who dominates his peers to an incredible margin due to having hit an early growth spurt.”

I’m glad I read the article and watched the video. Seems like he could be the real deal. Also, it’s crazy that the 2023 draft isn’t all that far away. McDavid, Crosby, and others were all being hyped four years before their draft year. I hope the kid can become something special.

Thanks for reading!

When it comes to Fantilli's size, he definitely has an edge height-wise, but by no means does he dominate his opposition physically. Now, this isn't to say that he himself can be overpowered physically, but rather -- like you said -- that he doesn't boast outrageous size and strength at a young age.

To the point on comparing him to Connor Bedard, I'd agree with the statement that it is far too early to tell. Both play in different provinces and against different levels of competition, so drawing an accurate comparison is next to impossible until both or either play games at the international level.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Have watched him play a few times this year. While he is a very good prospect and has tremendous upside, each time ive watched him he hasn't given me a real "WOW" factor. Saying thay, he's easily one of the top 3-5 forwards on that team and will no doubt go on to play junior. I hate comparing players, but I've also seen Shane Wright who has thay WOW factor every time I've seen him play

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Have watched him play a few times this year. While he is a very good prospect and has tremendous upside, each time ive watched him he hasn't given me a real "WOW" factor. Saying thay, he's easily one of the top 3-5 forwards on that team and will no doubt go on to play junior. I hate comparing players, but I've also seen Shane Wright who has thay WOW factor every time I've seen him play

Shane Wright is a year older than Fantilli. 340 something days... Keep that in mind

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
After watching him tonite he reminds me of a more skilled Dylan Cozens. Real good player

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

actually Fantilli I think is a late birthday making him ranked for 2024

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Saw him play a handful of times last year. Second best forward after pinelli on that team and Don Mills aside he arguably was a top 5 forward in that league

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Terrible news, terrible decision. f*** NCAA, guy, you could have gotten Exceptional Status and gotten on the perfect track to the NHL.

Best of luck to the kid.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He didn't seem to be fitting in very well on the JRC team? Probably a good decision to change things up and try to find a better fit if things weren't working out as well as originally hoped.
:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad