Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2022 Result2021 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall89.1Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall92.5Simon NemecDawson Mercer
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall39.1Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Akira Schmid2018 Round 5 #136 Overall43.8Arseni GritsyukNolan Foote
5Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall57.6Shakir MukhamadullinShakir Mukhamadullin
6Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall86.9Fabian ZetterlundKevin Bahl
7Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall55.3Nikita OkhotiukGraeme Clarke
8Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall48.9Seamus CaseyChase Stillman
9Nolan Foote2019 Round 1 #27 Overall46.3Nico DawsNikita Okhotiuk
10Josh Filmon2022 Round 6 #166 Overall43.0Tyce ThompsonSamu Salminen
11Graeme Clarke2018 Round 3 #80 Overall37.3Nolan FooteMichael Vukojevic
12Zakhar Bardakov2021 Round 7 #203 Overall52.1Tyler BrennanJaromir Pytlik
13Nico Daws2021 Round 7 #203 Overall35.8Chase StillmanTyce Thompson
14Chase Stillman2021 Round 1 #29 Overall37.7Reilly WalshReilly Walsh

Last Pick: Chase Stillman - Peterborough Petes / OHL

Stillman2.jpg

Added: Artem Shlaine

Eligible Players:

Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Chase Cheslock
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev

Selected:
Zakhar Bardakov
Seamus Casey
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk
Lenni Hameenaho
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Akira Schmid
Chase Stillman
Topias Vilen
In Poll:
Artem Barabosha
Tyler Brennan
Ethan Edwards
Peter Hauser
Daniil Karpovich
Jakub Malek
Daniil Misyul
Daniil Orlov
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
At this point i’m pretty much just following the crowd. Personally, i think Squires and Shlaine both have a bit of sleeper potential, but all i’ve done is read some blurbs here and there. It’s also kinda funny to still see Tyce Thompson on the list of eligibles.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
At this point i’m pretty much just following the crowd. Personally, i think Squires and Shlaine both have a bit of sleeper potential, but all i’ve done is read some blurbs here and there. It’s also kinda funny to still see Tyce Thompson on the list of eligibles.

Squires was drafted two months ago after putting up just under a ppg in his draft year in the Q. He’s a long shot like any 4th rounder, but completely reasonable as an inclusion in a team’s top 20 prospects.

Shlaine is unlikely to get an ELC from the Devils before his 4 NCAA years are up. He has almost zero NHL upside.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
We are down to #15 and it had me thinking that a player being our #15th prospect would be the #7th prospect during the Lou years towards the end of his tenor here. Shows how much better our drafting has been.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Squires was drafted two months ago after putting up just under a ppg in his draft year in the Q. He’s a long shot like any 4th rounder, but completely reasonable as an inclusion in a team’s top 20 prospects.

Shlaine is unlikely to get an ELC from the Devils before his 4 NCAA years are up. He has almost zero NHL upside.
Whoops, i’m confusing Shlaine and Salminen (who i’m sure is also an long shot) again. That’s why i don’t pretend to be an expert. :laugh:

Reactions: Blackjack

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Whoops, i’m confusing Shlaine and Salminen (who i’m sure is also an long shot) again. That’s why i don’t pretend to be an expert. :laugh:

I actually like Schlaine more than Salminen at this point, and hope we sign him, but that’s more for Utica.

I can see adding Salminen 1st over him too, I’m just not that high on him. Who knows if we sign either of them.

Arguably Thompson should have gotten added before either. Or Hatakka.

Real coin toss between the Daniils for me, so felt weird breaking the tie for Orlov.

I actually like Cheslock the most out of what’s left, and saw it didn’t take much to get some one added so: add Cheslock.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I actually like Schlaine more than Salminen at this point, and hope we sign him, but that’s more for Utica.

I can see adding Salminen 1st over him too, I’m just not that high on him. Who knows if we sign either of them.

Arguably Thompson should have gotten added before either. Or Hatakka.

Real coin toss between the Daniils for me, so felt weird breaking the tie for Orlov.

I actually like Cheslock the most out of what’s left, and saw it didn’t take much to get some one added so: add Cheslock.
i mean we have two ~20 year old centers roughly named salami that have played for UCONN, they may as well be the same person.

Reactions: Guttersniped

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
My 15th ranked prospect is Graeme Clarke. I don't particularly love Clarke any more as a prospect, but he is definitely a bit ahead of the development curve against some of these prospects and there has to be some weight in that. He was already voted in at prospect vote #11, so I am voting for my #12 ranked prospect, Jakub Malek. Add Cheslock. I am a bit surprised about the Shlaine add for this poll, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of him. His numbers are good, but I haven't watched him since transferring from UConn last season, so maybe I'll try to catch one or two of his games this year.

My current rankings:
1. Luke Hughes
2. Simon Nemec
3. Akira Schmid
4. Seamus Casey
5. Alex Holtz
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Lenni Hameenaho
8. Josh Filmon
9. Nico Daws
10. Zakhar Bardakov
11. Topias Vilen
12. Jakub Malek
13. Nolan Foote
14. Daniil Orlov
15. Graeme Clarke

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
My 15th ranked prospect is Graeme Clarke. I don't particularly love Clarke any more as a prospect, but he is definitely a bit ahead of the development curve against some of these prospects and there has to be some weight in that. He was already voted in at prospect vote #11, so I am voting for my #12 ranked prospect, Jakub Malek. Add Cheslock. I am a bit surprised about the Shlaine add for this poll, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of him. His numbers are good, but I haven't watched him since transferring from UConn last season, so maybe I'll try to catch one or two of his games this year.

My current rankings:
1. Luke Hughes
2. Simon Nemec
3. Akira Schmid
4. Seamus Casey
5. Alex Holtz
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Lenni Hameenaho
8. Josh Filmon
9. Nico Daws
10. Zakhar Bardakov
11. Topias Vilen
12. Jakub Malek
13. Nolan Foote
14. Daniil Orlov
15. Graeme Clarke
If you have a few minutes to spare, I’d be very curious to read your take on Malek! He intrigues me, I’ve watched some highlights, reports seem promising, and his physique is impressive, but I’d like to learn more!

Reactions: My3Sons

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

My current rankings:
1. Luke Hughes
2. Simon Nemec
3. Akira Schmid
4. Seamus Casey
5. Alex Holtz
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Lenni Hameenaho
8. Josh Filmon
9. Nico Daws
10. Zakhar Bardakov
11. Topias Vilen
12. Jakub Malek
13. Nolan Foote
14. Daniil Orlov
15. Graeme Clarke
Way are your thoughts on Karpovich? I feel like you’ve stated it before, but I’m on here so often it all just blends together lol.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Barabosha (click the link as to why)
What happened with Vukojevic? I thought he had some potential, but he seems to get scratched in Utica. Add him, FWIW.
I think he's been bouncing between the AHL and ECHL.

When we picked him, I was hoping one of him, Bahl, and Okhotyuk would Hot. Having 2 basically hit (at least Okhotyuk looks to be on that trajectory) is great. Having all 3 would be a pipe dream.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Vukojevic was always kind of a long shot to even make it as a 3rd pairing guy. Had a couple of promising seasons after being drafted, but at this point it looks like he's simply a minor league hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad