Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings

Last edited:

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Went with Davidson here. Simoneau I see as the kind of career AHL player an organization is happy to have, especially in the years he doesn't count against your veteran quota, but will never amount to more than that.

Add Eerikkson

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I think Simoneau gets NHL games this season. I like his game and his intensity. He played injured last season and was impactful nonetheless.

Not all small Q players are RHP, but he brings NHL qualities to the rink. I loved what I saw in Laval.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Norlinder falling outside the top 20 is crazy considering he had a pretty solid first NA season at 22 in Laval.

Very interesting to see how he does this year, feels like a turning point type season where he either takes a big step forward and pushes his way into an NHL lineup (with us or with another team via trade) or he flounders and goes back to Sweden/Europe to play out a solid pro career there

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Norlinder falling outside the top 20 is crazy considering he had a pretty solid first NA season at 22 in Laval.

Very interesting to see how he does this year, feels like a turning point type season where he either takes a big step forward and pushes his way into an NHL lineup (with us or with another team via trade) or he flounders and goes back to Sweden/Europe to play out a solid pro career there

19 pts in 67 games isn't good production for a 22-year-old offensive D

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How much minutes and PP was he getting though? We've seen offensive d-man round out their game to the detriment of their offensive play (Stralman comes to mind) but if Beaudin was prioritized, it can explain why the numbers aren't really there. I know @WeThreeKings didn't like Houle's usage of Norlinder iirc

Reactions: Miller Time

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How much minutes and PP was he getting though? We've seen offensive d-man round out their game to the detriment of their offensive play (Stralman comes to mind) but if Beaudin was prioritized, it can explain why the numbers aren't really there. I know @WeThreeKings didn't like Houle's usage of Norlinder iirc

Yes, especially the year before.. but even this year, Dello was given more chances on the PP in the games I saw.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Meh, if you look at the stat line without any context, sure, but in the real world context matters...
& Norlinder's draft stock rose because of his 2-way play & skating rather than pure offensive output.

This. And while it can be overstated, adjusting to the NA rink size is a factor that affects some euro players more than others... Given Norlinder's biggest assets are his skating & vision, it's reasonable to consider his confidence will improve as his comfort level & understanding of how to leverage those on a smaller rink increases.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
For the Rocket fans is there potential for Simoneau to be a bottom sixer à la Scott Nichol or nope?

Wasn't he a goon? Simoneau is not a goon.

He had 18pts in 22gp before getting clipped by Teasdale, finished with 38 in 62 so it clearly slowed him down. Big year for him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Odds are looing extremely high he'll be back in Sweden next year. Hopefully he can surprise though.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Wasn't he a goon? Simoneau is not a goon.

He had 18pts in 22gp before getting clipped by Teasdale, finished with 38 in 62 so it clearly slowed him down. Big year for him.

I remembered him as feisty but he fought more than I seemed to remember (4-5 times a year). Simoneau does have more skill but he'll need to be a role to make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad