2023 First overall pick. Who do you take? Connor Bedard or Matvei Michkov?

2023 First overall pick. Who do you take? Connor Bedard or Matvei Michkov?

• Total voters

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Can't go wrong with either.

Both of them are right on par (for their age) with the best prospects we've ever seen.

The goal in 2023 will be to tank and hope for a top-two pick cause I think both are going to be world-class players for their teams.

However, if I had to choose right now, I would lean towards Bedard.

Reactions: K2MyEverest

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Can't go wrong with either.

Both of them are right on par (for their age) with the best prospects we've ever seen.

The goal in 2023 will be to tank and hope for a top-two pick cause I think both are going to be world-class players for their teams.

However, if I had to choose right now, I would lean towards Bedard.

If it wasn't for Michkov's contract then sure you couldn't go wrong with either. Missing out on his D+1-3 though is huge and makes this an easy choice

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
A bit unfair due to Michkov's contract, it will skew the results.

Asking purely on talent will get closer results

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bedard for now, but we have to see. Hockey Canada has been awarding exceptional player status to the wrong guys recently.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Michkov seems like he'll go 7-10 instead of top 2 even though he's a top 2 overall draft talent because of that contract.

the bad teams don't want to wait 3 years and a good team that played bad that year will probably take him in that range and can afford to be patient

deejb

Nov 12, 2016
Michkov seems like he'll go 7-10 instead of top 2 even though he's a top 2 overall draft talent because of that contract.

the bad teams don't want to wait 3 years and a good team that played bad that year will probably take him in that range and can afford to be patient
Seriously? Waiting McDavid/Eichel for 3 years vs player like Pavel Zacha?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad