Prospect Info: 2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings Honorable Mentions

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings Honorable Mentions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Vote for your 5 honorable mentions to close out the poll. Mine are Konnor Smith, Gage Alexander, Kyle Kukkonen, Rodwin Dionicio, and Vojtech Port.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. D - Tristan Luneau (+9)
6. D - Jackson LaCombe (+4)
7. D - Tyson Hinds (+13)
8. C - Nathan Gaucher (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. LW - Nico Myatovic (2023 draftee)
11. LW - Connor Hvidston (2022 HM)
12. D - Drew Helleson (-1)
13. D - Ian Moore (+5)
14. RW - Jacob Perreault (-9)
15. D - Noah Warren (-2)
16. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (2023 acquired)
17. LW - Pavol Regenda (+7)
18. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
19. G - Calle Clang (-4)
20. LW - Brayden Tracey (-8)
21. C - Carey Terrance (2023 draftee)
22. G - Damian Clara (2023 draftee)
23. RW - Yegor Sidorov (2023 draftee)
24. RW - Coulson Pitre (2023 draftee)
25. RW - Sam Colangelo (-8)

Our graduates and departures are:

Mason McTavish
Urho Vaakanainen
Henry Thrun
Simon Benoit
Axel Andersson
Sean Tschigerl
Hunter Drew
Thimo Nickl
Olle Eriksson Ek
Trevor Janicke
Bryce Kindopp
Max Golod
Ethan Bowen​

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’d say my 5 HMs are Dionicio, Buteyets, Port, Kukkonen and Callow. Smith barely misses out for me. I like the “idea” of Smith a lot and he was really hard to leave off, especially considering how useful guys like him can be.

However, guys like Dionicio, Kukkonen, and Buteyets have proven too much to not be there. Port, I really like the audacious skill in his game, mixed with a well rounded presence from what I can tell, he feels like he could be a find, so I’ll ride my enthusiasm for him. And then Callow, I’m kinda sticking my neck out for, I have a hunch we will see him progress really well at Harvard.

Alexander was also considered but I want to see a bit more from him, it’s been hard to get a good reading on him.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
If Buteyets doesn’t make it that’s shocking by the way, he’s getting slept on way too hard. I think many are in for a pleasant surprise since it sounds like he is coming over as soon as the end of next year. He could be the biggest riser next year imo.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Boo Boo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Went with(not in order)

Dionicio- good combination of skill and physicality…. Ended the season as a ppg dmen after his trade. If I had to choose 1 player from out HM that would see nhl time, he’d be the guy I’d bet on

Kukkonen - led Michigan tech in goals + 2nd in points… prob best bet out of remaining forwards of being anything(not a great bet tho )

Port- very young, good size and very creative…. Think he’s 1 of the guys that is going to jump up our board next year in a big way

Alexander - more of a depth chart pick, but buteyets may pass him up next year.

Callow- starts up at Harvard next year…. Has great size, young for his draft year and has a lot of good raw tools…. I think he’s prob the biggest wild card in our system…. And I think we’ll get a much clearer idea of his potential this year

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Feel like Kukkonen, Dionicio and Port are locks for this, and then I'm torn on the last two. One of Buteyets and/or Alexander will probably take a spot, but I don't like projecting goaltenders out that far (unless it's someone on Dostal's level). I still like Lopina, but even by the standards of last season's Gulls, dude had FOUR points in 59 games, I need to see some actual production before you get a vote.

I guess if I had to pick:

1. Kukkonen
2. Port
3. Dionicio
4. Alexander (over Buteyets because I've actually seen him play)

And what the hell, I'll give a vote to Will Francis out of respect to what he's dealing with. Hang tough, kid.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Went with(not in order)

Kukkonen - led Michigan tech in goals + 2nd in points… prob best bet out of remaining forwards of being anything(not a great bet tho )

Ranked 5th best freshman goal scorer in the NCAA with 18 goals. Colangelo's highest goal output in any of his three seasons was 12 goals. Gonna be interesting to see if Kukkonen can learn to become a playmaker and use his teammates as well as notch over 20 goals next year.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad