• Albin Sundsvik

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the twenty-first poll I am voting for Carey Terrance.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. D - Tristan Luneau (+9)
6. D - Jackson LaCombe (+4)
7. D - Tyson Hinds (+13)
8. C - Nathan Gaucher (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. LW - Nico Myatovic (2023 draftee)
11. LW - Connor Hvidston (2022 HM)
12. D - Drew Helleson (-1)
13. D - Ian Moore (+5)
14. RW - Jacob Perreault (-9)
15. D - Noah Warren (-2)
16. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (2023 acquired)
17. LW - Pavol Regenda (+7)
18. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
19. G - Calle Clang (-4)
20. LW - Brayden Tracey (-8)

Our graduates and departures are:

Mason McTavish
Urho Vaakanainen
Henry Thrun
Simon Benoit
Axel Andersson
Sean Tschigerl
Hunter Drew
Thimo Nickl
Olle Eriksson Ek
Trevor Janicke
Bryce Kindopp
Max Golod
Ethan Bowen​

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Port has a very intriguing skill set and the longest runway of any of our prospects, so I'll take him.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
All I know is Colangelo, Clara, and Terrance are my next 3 in some order. After that, I would create a group of Pitre, Sidorov, Dionicio, and Kukkonen (and maybe Port).

Reactions: Giguere27

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gotta take that speed for Terrance. He was the lights out Otters best goal scorer last year and their #1C.

I want to see him making better decisions next year to be a better teammate, but he has some really intriguing tools.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Think past Terrance (maybe Clara and Sidorov?) I can't see these guys having NHL upside.
Coulson Pitre. He’s big and he likes to shoot the puck - pro style game in spades. A big time sleeper in my opinion and could see him being top 15 in our system next summer

Vojtech Port and Rodwin Dionicio are big long shots to make it. But they definitely have NHL upside. Want to see what Kukkonen does at the next level. Beyond that, I agree. A bunch of career ECHL/AHLers likely

We’ll see on Konnor Smith. He’s huge and is one of the meanest players in juniors - sometimes those players make it, most of the time they don’t

Reactions: Kalv and Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
During the 2022-2023 season
Player A: 25 goals 35 assists, 60 points in 59 games +20 rating. 4th on team in scoring. December 2004 Bday western hockey league
Player B: 21 goals 44 assists, 65 points in 59 games +15 rating. 3rd on team in scoring. September 2004 Bday. Ontario Hockey League

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It's almost a bummer that the Ducks are this deep.

Guys like Terrance and Sidorov not being in the top 20 is a shame. I think both guys will have huge jumps next year like Hinds and Hvidston.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

Guys like Terrance and Sidorov not being in the top 20 is a shame. I think both guys will have huge jumps next year like Hinds and Hvidston.
For the sake of these polls, yeah. But you gotta think they'll start getting more consideration once the cluster of guys at the top start graduating.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Should the list go to top30 ? It imo because of how deep this system is, then just see how much talent there is left after top30 as honorable mentions.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Coulson Pitre. He’s big and he likes to shoot the puck - pro style game in spades. A big time sleeper in my opinion and could see him being top 15 in our system next summer

Vojtech Port and Rodwin Dionicio are big long shots to make it. But they definitely have NHL upside. Want to see what Kukkonen does at the next level. Beyond that, I agree. A bunch of career ECHL/AHLers likely

We’ll see on Konnor Smith. He’s huge and is one of the meanest players in juniors - sometimes those players make it, most of the time they don’t
Pitre has some fan base it seems. To me he looks too slow, but he could work on that

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

For the sake of these polls, yeah. But you gotta think they'll start getting more consideration once the cluster of guys at the top start graduating.

Should the list go to top30 ? It imo because of how deep this system is, then just see how much talent there is left after top30 as honorable mentions.

We could, but at least speaking for myself I've been blindly throwing darts since like the top 8 and my guess is I'm not alone lol. For time killing and discussion purposes maybe it'd be beneficial.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I see I now have a fellow friend who is Kukky for Kukkonen. Though I should warn them, the last time I tried to be the smartest guy in the room with a forward prospect from the NCAA, it was Blake McLaughlin.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
just because I've seen him play and know the history, gave a vote to Wiebe. At least get his name right - Jaxson. Loose cannon. Good wheels , stone hands. MuckRaker. Role guy, less competition so good chance he gets some games in.

Reactions: Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Out of the 20 names there, I personally see as many as 60-75% who show enough promise to be referred to as actual prospects, and only a small number (5-8ish) who are likely just org depth (or just complete long shots) at this point. Though of course, some from the former group will still eventually fall into the latter, because that's just how it goes.

Pitre, Kukkonen, Clara will be my next three once Terrance takes this one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3