Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Oh I almost forgot about Linus Karlsson for Dahlen another late DW era fleecing.

Hey at least one of those guys is playing Stanley Cup playoff games right now.
We are bragging about 6 NHL games in like 3 years since the trade?

Linus kalsson is such an important part of the Canucks roster, i am not sure how they can live without his 4 career regular season games and his 2 career playoff games with an amazing 0 points.

Reactions: Sandisfan

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Oh I almost forgot about Linus Karlsson for Dahlen another late DW era fleecing.

Hey at least one of those guys is playing Stanley Cup playoff games right now.
:biglaugh: Yah, DW fully shit the bed on that one. OMG ROFLMAO :sarcasm: I'm not sure how the Sharks got by without this guy this year, could have lost another game or two with him in for Kunin.

1715880518552.png

1715880370689.png

What the f*** does this have to do with anything regarding the Sharks roster? Feels like you're just trolling. I guess I shouldn't complain about the free comedy. Thanks for the laugh.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Unlike Barabanov, Labanc will actually get another NHL contract.
I can’t wait until Bar supplants your hero Puujiarvi wherever the f*** he is now.

I really don't know why some of you are bothering to engage.
Because we all know how much it bugs him when he has to talk about DW. I imagine he’s got a dartboard in his man cave with Doug’s face on it.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Like any group of VERY good friends, we will have more than our share of recycled conversations... It's like putting on a warm blanket on a cold night

Btw what's the deal with that marleau guy always shooting it into the goalies chest on a breakaway?
Very well-said.

If you're annoyed by a post or a poster, argue the point, or ignore him. Grousing about it is not only immature, but could be counter-productive.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
One thing I don't get is why everybody was so ok with how quickly Doug Wilson Jr. was being promoted within the organization. Is it not strange for a guy to go from the marketing department to arguably the most important position in the organization in like 4 years?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
One thing I don't get is why everybody was so ok with how quickly Doug Wilson Jr. was being promoted within the organization. Is it not strange for a guy to go from the marketing department to arguably the most important position in the organization in like 4 years?
People wanted a change at that level is a large part of it and the understanding that nothing we do actually means anything in terms of what a manager chooses. Like being okay with it or not doesn't change what happened.

Reactions: themelkman

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
You can fact check most of this before making these kinds of statements.

For example, DW Jr.'s work history in professional hockey does not include any time in the Marketing Department.

1715887031674.png

Here's the thread where both DWJr. and Burke were "promoted," if you want to see reactions.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
You can fact check most of this before making these kinds of statements.

For example, DW Jr.'s work history in professional hockey does not include any time in the Marketing Department.

View attachment 871671

Here's the thread where both DWJr. and Burke were "promoted," if you want to see reactions.

He was in charge of the 2017 draft. According to his Linkedin he was hired as an intern in April of 2011. So yeah, I guess I exaggerated a little bit.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
People were excited for a change and for a somewhat forward thinking person to be in charge. The nepotism was bad of course but nothing new for hockey, and we still have plenty of it in the current group

Last edited:

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Like any group of VERY good friends, we will have more than our share of recycled conversations... It's like putting on a warm blanket on a cold night

Btw what's the deal with that marleau guy always shooting it into the goalies chest on a breakaway?
He just doesn't like the logo of other teams.

• Haha

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
People were excited for a change and for a somewhat forward thinking person to be in charge. The nepotism was bad of course but nothing new for hockey, and we still have plenty of it in the current group
Whose son with zero previous pro hockey experience works in the current front office?

"Forward thinking" = thinking like hockey stat nerds on the internet. Nothing against those guys and gals but it is indisputable that actual NHL teams scooped up the cream of the crop years ago. DWJr. with his Elite Prospects subscription is no match for the legit quants working for some of these clubs.

I'm not saying teams don't make ill-advised moves anymore but with DW, Benning, Chiarelli, Fletcher and soon Holland gone from the top job along with the superiority of private analytics, we need to stop pretending we know more than them. Those days are over. Now trades are mostly just a method of mutual problem-solving.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
This Draisaitl talk is so silly to me, it’s like one little snippet in a conversation “oh he may want to go there because Germany” and now it’s in multiple outlets. I get that it’s a slow news week but…

Reactions: Shark Finn and Cas

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
If anyone is strongly against a Marner signing, just DM GMMG this highlight reel as a reminder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad