2023-24 schedule

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I would imagine that Home Openers would be announced on the 12th and remaining schedule on 13th if the league continues to do this 2 day suspense tactic to build hype.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I think most people are waiting for them right now. Given we heard nothing this week, my guess is maybe home openers on Monday or Wed and reg season on Tues or Thurs?!

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well my expectation of the schedule announcement was way off.

Starting to wonder if the league is stalling the announcement in anticipation of Brantford Civic Centre renovation completion, and if that has something to do with the delay in announcement.

It really shouldn't effect the schedule I don't think considering a lot of teams don't use their home rinks until regular season, but who really knows.

However the other reason could be that the league is trying to balance the schedule fairly so that the Bulldogs are trying to find a day of the week to play their home games.

With the way the league plays their home games it seems like half the league plays Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

This has a lot to do with these facilities being multipurpose facilities with many different shows or events that go on. The last thing that could be a cause for delay could be travel now for teams.

With no announcement of any divisional realignment happening there could be a delay on the announcement that would more travel related than anything else. As every team has either 3 in 3s or 3 in 4s in their schedule it might have something to do with how do you juggle the games around fairly. If your Ottawa or Kingston and now instead of traveling to Hamilton your traveling to Brantford for a divisional game so that's a fairly big change in distance. Yes it's all 400 series highway but there's still a lot of travel time for teams especially in that east divisional loop. This could be the cause of why the league has chosen not to announce the schedule just yet.

Even of they leave the divisional alignments the way they are and they don't change them the schedule for teams like the 67's and Frontenacs would be a travel nightmare for teams. Like how would you draw a schedule up that's not also fair for Brantford in the east and yet fair for the rest of the league around them. I'm sure that the Bulldogs won't leave the east division but I'm positive that when the schedule comes out that they're going to have a heavy helping of 3 in 3 and 3 in 4 weekends within their own division.

Reactions: Helvigster

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Well my expectation of the schedule announcement was way off.

Starting to wonder if the league is stalling the announcement in anticipation of Brantford Civic Centre renovation completion, and if that has something to do with the delay in announcement.

It really shouldn't effect the schedule I don't think considering a lot of teams don't use their home rinks until regular season, but who really knows.

However the other reason could be that the league is trying to balance the schedule fairly so that the Bulldogs are trying to find a day of the week to play their home games.

With the way the league plays their home games it seems like half the league plays Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

This has a lot to do with these facilities being multipurpose facilities with many different shows or events that go on. The last thing that could be a cause for delay could be travel now for teams.

With no announcement of any divisional realignment happening there could be a delay on the announcement that would more travel related than anything else. As every team has either 3 in 3s or 3 in 4s in their schedule it might have something to do with how do you juggle the games around fairly. If your Ottawa or Kingston and now instead of traveling to Hamilton your traveling to Brantford for a divisional game so that's a fairly big change in distance. Yes it's all 400 series highway but there's still a lot of travel time for teams especially in that east divisional loop. This could be the cause of why the league has chosen not to announce the schedule just yet.

Even of they leave the divisional alignments the way they are and they don't change them the schedule for teams like the 67's and Frontenacs would be a travel nightmare for teams. Like how would you draw a schedule up that's not also fair for Brantford in the east and yet fair for the rest of the league around them. I'm sure that the Bulldogs won't leave the east division but I'm positive that when the schedule comes out that they're going to have a heavy helping of 3 in 3 and 3 in 4 weekends within their own division.
Brantford isn't that far from Hamilton.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I *think* the post is wondering if the Bulldogs may need to start on the road for an extended period before the Civic is finished and ready to go.

Seems like they are making amazing progress, but they are doing a lot of work to get it up to the bare minimum standard.

Reactions: the dog

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
The schedule is done and has been for a while.
It could have been out last week.
A friend in the media already has a couple days circled in the calendar.
As for why it hasn't been released, I don't know for sure but I'd guess they were waiting for some time between the Stanley Cup Final and the NHL Draft.
It always surprises me that the CHL doesn't do the schedule release for all three leagues at the same time. I think it would have a bigger impact on the casual junior hockey fan across the country.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The schedule is done and has been for a while.
It could have been out last week.
A friend in the media already has a couple days circled in the calendar.
As for why it hasn't been released, I don't know for sure but I'd guess they were waiting for some time between the Stanley Cup Final and the NHL Draft.
It always surprises me that the CHL doesn't do the schedule release for all three leagues at the same time. I think it would have a bigger impact on the casual junior hockey fan across the country.
I agree that an announcement for all 3 leagues at the same time would be ideal. I don't believe that the SCF has anything to do with the CHL releasing the schedule.

Here's why I say that, for starters the CHL has always started ahead of the NHL season and ends earlier then the NHL too. So that wouldn't really play any effect on the the CHL schedule. As for the 3 leagues that make up the CHL the reason why all 3 don't announce the schedule at the same time is simple.

All 3 leagues have different travel scenarios that come into play the biggest one is that the WHL has an entire division in the states and more teams that they have to account for longer travel dates, as for the OHL and QMJHL yes the OHL does have a select few places south of the border but with 2 being in the same state it's much more simplified to have a 3 games in 3 or 4 day weekend then it is in the WHL where they don't have days but more weeks of travel with days in between.

The other thing that plays a huge factor across the leagues is a lot of the facilities that these teams use are multipurpose facilities that host other events not just hockey, a lot of places use the same facilities for concerts and other sports and tournaments as well throughout the calendar year and sometimes that plays a big factor in setting dates. However this season the answer maybe more simplified then those points I've listed above and it is likely coming down to the city of Brantford and the Civic Centre renovations that are being done there.

The CHL may already have tentative dates scheduled in for teams but they may be trying to sort out a couple of scenarios just in case the BCC isn't ready when the reset of the OHL is ready to play. This also wouldn't be the first time that we've seen the OHL stall on releasing the schedule to build anticipation and suspense for fans. Has the schedule been drawn up more then likely is it entirely set well not necessarily the dates could be set but things like times might not be especially for a team like the Bulldogs.

But will see when the schedule is announced either way.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
WHL schedule preseason and regular season home openers June 26 rest iofregular season June 27 maybe OHL similar.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
So WHL and QMJHL have both posted their 2023-24 schedules on their websites. What is wrong with the OHL??? Was excited anticipating release of the schedule. Now I am a bit miffed with the OHL.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
C0E3F8C6-4E71-4F72-97B9-6972C946D2ED.jpeg

Has to be released soon if this was on the Battalions Facebook page?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad