2023-2024 Wings Sensible Predictions

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This team as a poor man's 2002 Stanley Cup Winner:

Shanahan - Fedorov - Yzerman
DeBrincat - Larkin - Perron

DeBrincat is not a power-forward like Shanahan was, but will produce like him. Different ballgame nowadays. Larkin equals easily 33y old Fedorov, Still on his prime. Perron represents our team most oldest veteran as 1-legged Yzerman.

Maltby - Draper - McCarty
Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer

Klim Kostin is the same player as Darren McCarty was. All heart and soul guy, nice person, will hit hard, will fight, will score important goals. Fischer is same as Maltby, important penalty killer, also nasty and annoying guy like Kostin, but not as physical. Rasmussen will be important defensive faceoff guy just like Kris Draper was and also big role on PK.

Devereaux - Datsyuk - Hull
Berggren - Compher - Sprong

Berggren is the creative guy in on this line, like Pavel was as a rookie. Not as good as Pavel was, but Compher is the better version of Devereaux as solid defensive player on that line. Sprong is the pure sniper like old dog Hull was.

Robitaille - Larionov - Holmström
Fabbri - Copp - Raymond

Raymond is the creative and also defensively sound Larionov in here, not center but most important player on this line, like Igor was. Copp represents Holmström's demolition man work and Fabbri is the scorer like Robitaille. Not much ice-time given, but this line will score a lot per ice-time.

Veleno is Jason Williams. A 13th forward.

There is literally nothing comparing these two teams in style, talent or anything else you dare throw out.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Larkin and Raymond have a few injuries. Walman looks overwhelmed on the top pair. Chiarot and Ghost get ripped apart on here after every game... And we finally get our lottery win.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Larkin and Raymond have a few injuries. Walman looks overwhelmed on the top pair. Chiarot and Ghost get ripped apart on here after every game... And we finally get our lottery win.

giphy.gif

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I expect big improvement from Seider, Raymond and Copp, also Huso with better save percentage

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I expect big improvement from Seider, Raymond and Copp, also Huso with better save percentage
Wrong thread bud, this is the SENSIBLE prediction thread. In fact, I don't expect much from all 4.

Seider - Ghost takes away some of PP time, so his numbers wind up about the same as last season. Does better ES, with Walman, compared to Chiarot last season.

Raymond - DBC takes away his ice time with Larkin, so I don't expect his numbers to go up at all. He's gotta realize if he's playing with Copp or Compher that he needs to drive carry the puck and the play.

Copp - Yeah maybe he goes double digits in goals this season, lol. I'll give him 12 as the over under.

Husso - Better D will help his numbers. Plus he sucked the second half of the season which inflated his numbers last season. So I suppose better than the second half of the season, but about the same as the first half. (I don't remember his midseason GAA or SV%)

This season is more about the players Stevie added, not about seeing huge improvements from players that were here last season. I think any improvement we see from those players will be marginal, and mostly due to playing with better teammates.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This season is more about the players Stevie added, not about seeing huge improvements from players that were here last season. I think any improvement we see from those players will be marginal, and mostly due to playing with better teammates.

Mostly this.

And we could score 300 goals, with the new guys added. I didn't bank much of anything for improvements and it still looks the same, anyway you analyze it. That Seattle-styled deep roster can score those ~290 goals as Top10 highest scoring team. And special teams have improved a lot.

No one just won't believe on that, before they see it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
And we could score 300 goals, with the new guys added. I didn't bank much of anything for improvements and it still looks the same, anyway you analyze it. That Seattle-styled deep roster can score those ~290 goals as Top10 highest scoring team. And special teams have improved a lot.

No one just won't believe on that, before they see it.

Okay, this time I have to quote myself.

Here we are, with that Seattle-styled deep roster, as Top10 highest scoring team. Top5 in reality.

Best scoring team at East, think those Westerns teams will benefit from beating easy team more regularly, thanks to their schedule.

The scoring pace has been towards that ~290 number. Regressing lately, thanks to tighter defence + better goaltending. Don't have to go mad outscoring mode so much as early in the season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Ras 3x3
Veleno 2x2.5
Perron -gone
Kane 2x4
Fisher 2x2
Berggren 3x1.5
Seider 7x8.2
Reimer gone
Reimond 3x4.5

Ad