NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - The Atlantic Division Crown runs through Florida

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Fresh ice!

Get me a bromide and put some gin in it_.gif

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Is that necessarily bad? I imagine equipment responsible for maintaining ice in the desert is decent?

The thing that comes to mind for me in that regard is that the main issue for ice in Arizona is the heat, whereas in Boston it's the humidity. So you're having to manage quite different conditions. No idea if that makes any difference in terms of the particular type of ice plant and the way it's operated, but just a thought.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The thing that comes to mind for me in that regard is that the main issue for ice in Arizona is the heat, whereas in Boston it's the humidity. So you're having to manage quite different conditions. No idea if that makes any difference in terms of the particular type of ice plant and the way it's operated, but just a thought.
Now, now @Aussie Bruin. Why do you have to go and introduce logic into the equation? Humidity and Dry Heat are just weather conditions, right?

Why buy a new system designed for your specific prevailing conditions and needs, when you can get a used system that's been operating in a different building and under quite different conditions for less?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This is an issue that is bigger than Edmonton, or the NHL. This is an issue of the secondary ticket market, driving up prices. Most average fans don't even get a fair crack at face value tickets anymore, as they are snapped up by merchants trying to immediately re-sell them at 5-20x face value.

If you sat in front of the stadium on game day trying to scalp those exact same tickets for those exact same prices, you'd be booted from the grounds.....at a minimum.

Yet if Ticketmaster/Live Nation does it on-line, its perfectly fine.....

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is an issue that is bigger than Edmonton, or the NHL. This is an issue of the secondary ticket market, driving up prices. Most average fans don't even get a fair crack at face value tickets anymore, as they are snapped up by merchants trying to immediately re-sell them at 5-20x face value.

If you sat in front of the stadium on game day trying to scalp those exact same tickets for those exact same prices, you'd be booted from the grounds.....at a minimum.

True. But there is an element of supply and demand - if people weren’t paying these prices, they wouldn’t be so high. Not sure how you can artificially suppress prices unless you ban the entire secondary market, which comes with lots of issues.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
True. But there is an element of supply and demand - if people weren’t paying these prices, they wouldn’t be so high. Not sure how you can artificially suppress prices unless you ban the entire secondary market, which comes with lots of issues.
I get the supply and demand argument. My bigger issue pertains to who has access to the supply once those tickets initially become available on the market. Most fans are forced to pay the resale rate, because they don't have a reasonable chance of getting tickets at face value in the first place. Even though its now illegal to re-sell tickets purchased by bots, its not enforced.

I don't know what the perfect solution is, but I think its important that the average fan has a reasonable chance to secure face value tickets in some shape or fashion because right now, I don't think they do.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I buy tickets from a person here in Calgary and the same person has gotten me tickets in Edm and sent me multiple different senarios in all different price ranges.One time he said wait till I contact another person, so I assume it's a conglomerate of people who are well invested it it .I do not ask questions :snide:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad