NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - The Atlantic Division Crown runs through Florida

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Because the cap is calculated daily and money is banked. The NHLPA never agrees to this method and neither does the GMs since this hurts trading. It's not even that difficult or complicated.

But that was a choice.

There’s nothing that says it has to be calculated daily.

There is no reason to have anything that can be exploited. No reason for loopholes like the playoff one.

As soon as there are loopholes or exceptions, it becomes overly complicated.

You’ve got 80 million.

Pay 20 guys 4 million if you want, 10 guys 2 million and 10 guys 6 million if you want or any permutation that keeps you under the cap.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The refs doing all they can to extend the series with TB having 4 PP's to Florida's 0 after 2 periods. I hope the Bruins don't get the same treatment from the NHL on Saturday.

What a turnaround in that game!

The Leafs scored several goals from the point against TB in last year's playoff series, it definitely is something that AV and the Lightning struggle with.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I think Boston would beat Florida this year. Whether or not they get there is a different story.

Florida would smoke the Leafs though.

Carolina vs Rangers should be more entertaining than all three of the other East round 1 snooze fests

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I think Boston would beat Florida this year. Whether or not they get there is a different story.

Florida would smoke the Leafs though.

Carolina vs Rangers should be more entertaining than all three of the other East round 1 snooze fests
If Boston, Carolina, Rangers and Florida make it through the 1st round ....does Boston play the Rangers and Carolina play Florida? I get confused on the seedings

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Tampa looks so bad and slow, would have been a much easier opponent than the leafs. Florida isn’t even playing at their top level Tampa is just so washed.
I can't tell if they are wilting under FLA's relentless pressure or if they are moving towards fading giant status. Either way, I agree they look bad and slow.

Think it may be a combination of the two. FLA looks dangerous as hell even without Bennet.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
tons of hockey played in the last number of years, bound to catch up eventually, kings ransom for Jeannot too, looks good on them:)

Gotta wonder if TB exits early and has a very long (for them) off season to rest/heal up do they have one more kick at the can left in them next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad