NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - The Atlantic Division Crown runs through Florida

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I recall the Flyers-Pens 5-OT game that was ended by Keith Primeau(I dozed off the through the 4th OT) and the Ducks-Stars 5-OTer. The longest game in NCAA history was won by UMass-Amherst over Notre Dame at 91:42 of OT.

I watched that Flyers Pens game. Managed to stay awake for the whole thing (hey, I was young back then lol)

I was rooting for the Flyers, so I was happy they won. The stories about that game are funny to read. They were scarfing down all the food they could scavenge at intermission lol.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
There's a certain someone that never wants to see a Gryz-Krug type pair on the blueline ever again.

They are super, super, SUPER (added for effect) high on Jeremy Lauzon. They worry Lauzon will be the guy Seattle takes in the expansion draft.

If Lauzon has the type of season they expect from him, I would not be the least bit surprised if Lauzon is the one protected and Gryz left exposed.

Thinking is that Seattle may not want Gryz's contract and Jack Ahcan is coming along. And Ahcan-Gryz pair is a pair the boss wouldn't want on the ice.

As for Chara, if you take out Carlo/McAvoy, Lauzon has the highest trade value on the blueline. Vaak has very little (to most teams), as does Clifton, Zboril even less and Moore non-existent. If you're going to get any value out of these guys, they need to be on the ice. An argument can surely be made on whether Chara affects the on ice value of the team, but if he's on the ice for 56 games, it sure affects trying to get value out of 3 of the 4 mentioned.

It could be addition by subtraction. It could be a total failure. There's only one way to find out and that's play the games.
Florida just has that ability to dig deep. Also, I’m loving Lauzons game.

History can sometimes be a great teacher. Other times it should have.

Reactions: KWbruin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would agree with this if the bruins didn’t have so many disappointments time and time again.

Yeah…but so does every team.

Aside from Chicago, Pitt, Colorado, Detroit, LA, and TB, every team in the league would trade what they’ve done over the last 25 years for what the Bruins have.

1 cup and 2 other finals appearances, playoffs most other years.

Yes, 2 or 3 cups are better than 1 but that’s a pretty good 25 year run.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Connor Hellebuyck is Hella-overrated in the playoffs. He's been nothing special in the playoffs since the Habs swept the Jets in 2001.

They overplay him every regular season and by the playoffs he's out of gas. Hard to win in the playoffs when your starter is playing 60+ in the regular season. Even in the short 2021 season he played 80% of their regular season games. Way too much. Sad part is Laurent Broissott provided them great results as his back-up this year they could of cut Hellebuyck's work down by 10 games and saved him for the playoffs.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Give the poor guy a break. He was like 8 years old in 2001. :laugh:
Haha Yeah, I corrected the date.

Old Duke makes Phil Kessel look young. Probably similar diet too, although Duke looks like the type guy who would of enjoyed a pack of cigarettes before every game.
And between periods, and probably during warm ups too.

Bruins4Life136

Apr 30, 2019
Yeah…but so does every team.

Aside from Chicago, Pitt, Colorado, Detroit, LA, and TB, every team in the league would trade what they’ve done over the last 25 years for what the Bruins have.

1 cup and 2 other finals appearances, playoffs most other years.

Yes, 2 or 3 cups are better than 1 but that’s a pretty good 25 year run.

I felt though they had talent though to win a cup. This group hasn’t accomplished much when it comes to playoff hockey. That’s where players are made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad