NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
Svechnikov smacks Shesterkin down behind the net. Rangers don't like it any more than the Canes did when Culle whacked Andersen.
The Canes don't even try to hide that they're dirty, that coach of theirs has them convinced that being the dirtiest team in the league is something to be proud of.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Freddy Andersen has had a very rough year with his health issues, and he's doing his best, but has to be said he's going to cost the Canes this series. Simply not sharp enough, and I don't think Carolina can turn to Kochetkov with any confidence that he could do better. Against the red-hot Rangers offense, and with Shesterkin holding down the fort at the other end, the Canes' issues in net are probably going to be the biggest difference-maker in determining the final outcome.

Reactions: ProdigalFan and BMC

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Freddy Andersen has had a very rough year with his health issues, and he's doing his best, but has to be said he's going to cost the Canes this series. Simply not sharp enough, and I don't think Carolina can turn to Kochetkov with any confidence that he could do better. Against the red-hot Rangers offense, and with Shesterkin holding down the fort at the other end, the Canes' issues in net are probably going to be the biggest difference maker.
I think 5 on 5 Canes win Series.

Rags seem to always get more PP's and they are lethal there.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Jeez... Celebrini and Will Smith are a pretty decent 1/2 punch at center, eh?
I'm guessing Celebrini goes back to BU for at least one more year, no?

Canes have taken some really dumb penalties tonight. Cost themselves 2 power plays as well.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Yeah I'd agree that the Canes have the edge at even strength. But between the Rangers' PP and the fact they can rely on a better SV%, Carolina's up against it. Need to stop taking dumb penalties. Too many of those tonight.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Freddy Andersen has had a very rough year with his health issues, and he's doing his best, but has to be said he's going to cost the Canes this series. Simply not sharp enough, and I don't think Carolina can turn to Kochetkov with any confidence that he could do better. Against the red-hot Rangers offense, and with Shesterkin holding down the fort at the other end, the Canes' issues in net are probably going to be the biggest difference-maker in determining the final outcome.
Blood clots are no joke. I give him props for even deciding to play again this season.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Eight teams move on to round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. So do 24 officials. Here are the NHL Referees and Linespersons working the second round:

Referees

Francis Charron, Eric Furlatt, Jean Hebert, Steve Kozari, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Rourke, Garrett Rank, Kyle Rehman, Chris Rooney, Graham Skilliter, Francois St. Laurent, and Kelly Sutherland.

Out from Round 1:
Tom Chmielewski, Gord Dwyer, Trevor Hanson, Frederick L’Ecuyer, Pierre Lambert, Chris Lee, T.J. Luxmore, Peter MacDougall, Jon McIsaac, and Kendrick Nicholson

First-Timers: Garrett Rank, who advances to Round 2 for the first time

Standby Refs: Frederick L’Ecuyer, Jon McIsaac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad