Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals begin June 6th at TD Garden - CELTICS vs Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Pretty impressive 2nd half for the TWolves!

Down 20+ in the first half and about to win by 6-8.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we’d have handled Denver but it’s still good they are out.

It’s crazy we might see Kyrie in the finals.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I could have understood the Celtics losing to the Nuggets

But Pacers, Mavs/TWolves

No

I don't care how good Edwards is. This Celtics group will NEVER have a better chance to win it all. Has to be this year or I don't think it ever happens.
Not winning at all this year will be a colossal failure but I don’t think all these teams will somehow get better next year. Celtics are in a great position to win multiple titles.

I’m sure the NBA will find a way to put a couple of stars on the Lakers mind you.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Denver aren't as good as last season but they still weren't a great matchup for the Celtics. I look at the rest of the teams still in it and there's no excuse for them not to win the championship now.

Minnesota's size is great against Denver where they can throw all kinds of bodies at Jokic in the post but against a team that can go 5 out and force their bigs to defend the perimeter, how are they going to defend that at the high level they do Denver. Dallas and Indiana just don't feel like championship teams.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Before the series, I genuinely thought Denver was going back to the ship.

Minnesota shocked me.

I think Gobert is extremely soft and overrated, McDaniels and Reid playing way above the level they should, Conley very coverable by Holliday and White and Edwards, while elite, can be shut down and go missing like Tatum tends to. I think overall the thing the Celtics had over Denver was their depth which was a big miss by the Nuggets this series. It’s probably why they just lost that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad