2023-2024 Calder Race

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The 2023-2024 Calder Race
This is a CBJ and Non-CBJ discussion. I feel like it could have a thread of its own.

It's November 17th and the CBJ surprisingly have two horses in the race and one is not Jiricek. With all the talk about how great Bedard is, I expected to check the points race and find him lapping the competition. That is far from the case.

Bedard has 9 Goals and 13 Points in 14 Games

Cooley is nipping at Bedard's heels with 2 Goals and 12 Points in 16 Games
What Mintyukov is doing on an equally bad team as Chicago might be more impressive

Mo with 4 Goals and 9 Points doesn't look nearly as impressive as Bedard but he is also playing center and doing it quite well. Most voters likely won't pay much attention to it but I think we fans know better

Dima has 2 Goals and 8 Points in just 11 Games. He and Mintyukov are the only two in the top eight with a positive +/-. I don't expect he keeps this up but for the moment he is hanging with the big dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
The 2023-2024 Calder Race
This is a CBJ and Non-CBJ discussion. I feel like it could have a thread of its own.

It's November 17th and the CBJ surprisingly have two horses in the race and one is not Jiricek. With all the talk about how great Bedard is, I expected to check the points race and find him lapping the competition. That is far from the case.

Bedard has 9 Goals and 13 Points in 14 Games

Cooley is nipping at Bedard's heels with 2 Goals and 12 Points in 16 Games
What Mintyukov is doing on an equally bad team as Chicago might be more impressive

Mo with 4 Goals and 9 Points doesn't look nearly as impressive as Bedard but he is also playing center and doing it quite well. Most voters likely won't pay much attention to it but I think we fans know better

Dima has 2 Goals and 8 Points in just 11 Games. He and Mintyukov are the only two in the top eight with a positive +/-. I don't expect he keeps this up but for the moment he is hanging with the big dogs.

Not to pick a nit, but Mintyukov is currently 1D on an Anaheim team that sits in a playoff spot. He's not on Chicago.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Voronkov without a doubt. He can score, assist, reimburse azzhats that trouble his mates. He lets people know there's a bull in the China shop.
This still makes me chuckle. Dude didn't look at him after or say shxt. Tough guy...

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Voronkov without a doubt. He can score, assist, reimburse azzhats that trouble his mates. He lets people know there's a bull in the China shop.
This still makes me chuckle. Dude didn't look at him after or say shxt. Tough guy...

I love the way Dima separates the d-man from the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad