Prospect Info: 2023 193rd Overall Pick | C Jack Harvey

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“As the games and seasons have gone by, I’ve just continued to build on my game. I think a lot of that has to do with my mindset and the work I have put in daily. I think I go to the rink every day with the mindset of getting just a little bit better every single day. I think that’s a good way to go about it, especially for myself because then I think as it goes on, you see how much better you have gotten over the time you have spent working on different things, and every little thing continues to add up until you become a finished product, or you just continue to grow your game. With my game, I think the continual climb and elevation of my game has been a huge part of my success, I believe.”
“Myself as a player, I think like a lot of players on the Steel, I think I have a very high [hockey] IQ. I think that really helps with the way that I play the game. My IQ helps me put myself in situations where the puck is going to be or where I can help a teammate make a play, get open, or be available for the puck to come to me. I think that all stems from my hockey IQ and knowing how the game works. I think, as well as my IQ, I think that helps my skill take over as well because when I have the puck on my stick, there’s a lot of plays that I can make. I think I’m a playmaker. Going off of my IQ as well, I think I put myself in positions to score or be where the puck is going to be to help create chances offensively.”
One thing from watching Harvey is that he has a unique ability to stand out on his own, but he prefers not to. He isn’t always comfortable talking about himself or his successes but gleams at the chance to talk about his teammates and his team’s victories. It’s part of why he loves the game of hockey so much.

“I just love the entire game; the fast pace and play. I love scoring goals. I love playing with a team. Watching your teammates succeed and watching yourself succeed, like playing as a team to win. Everything that makes the game exciting is what I love. Really, there is no other sport that I think can compare to it.”

He mentioned that the recipe for success in his eyes comes from being able to complement and bring out the best in his teammates and vice versa, making him the ultimate team player.
"Whether I do or don’t [get drafted], it’s not going to make or break my career. I have a lot of confidence in my game and my potential.”

“For the draft, specifically, so much is out of your control. You can control your game, but you can’t control how people see you, or if they think you’re able to be drafted or this and that. But I think there is so much to be had when you have confidence in yourself.”

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Jack Harvey looks really good for BU with the other Jack Hughes (Kings prospect) and almost certainly 2024 1st overall pick Macklin Celebrini. Granted, Harvey is starting out in the NCAA as a 20 year old, so he's older, but for a guy who was hurt to start this year, and someone who many thought might not get a ton of ice time on a pretty deep Terriers team, his recovery has been awesome. Looks solid for a D+2 drafted 7th round pick so far.

Reactions: Outl4w and Zwui21

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Other than Celebrini and Hutson, this is who you should watch for in the BU Denver game. Harvey has been pretty damn good since getting in the Terriers lineup. If BU wins, Harvey likely had an impact in it.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad