GDT: 2022 Upper Deck NHL Draft: Bell Centre, Montreal QC: ROUNDS 2-7; 11 am et | NHL Network, Sportsnet, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Just a warning to you Habs fans, the Devils picked the kid who knocked Slafkovsky's lights out with a hit this year.

Devils will get their revenge for the Habs picking Slafkovksy!!!👿👿👿

---------------------

Anyway, I think the Habs did prety good in the draft especially with all the pick trading. I know some Habs fans are questioning the picks but I think most of them are good picks. You also got a 2023 4th round pick that will be valuable in that deep draft.

You should thank us!! Nemec is a great pick!!

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You should thank us!! Nemec is a great pick!!
He definitely is, the Devils board was a bit angry about missing Slafkovsky and also a bit perplexed at not taking Wright. Seems to have settled down today though. Now all the conversation is if we took the best RD aka Nemec VS Jiricek.

For the Habs I believe while Owen Beck won't be a Star in the league he will definitely be a fan favourite for Habs fans. Can't help but love a player that gives everything he has on every shift, Especially a skilled player. Those types don't grow on tree's you know.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
He definitely is, the Devils board was a bit angry about missing Slafkovsky and also a bit perplexed at not taking Wright. Seems to have settled down today though. Now all the conversation is if we took the best RD aka Nemec VS Jiricek.

For the Habs I believe while Owen Beck won't be a Star in the league he will definitely be a fan favourite for Habs fans. Can't help but love a player that gives everything he has on every shift, Especially a skilled player.
I had Nemec 2 (flip flopping with Cooley) I think you guys will love him!!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The thing I get from this draft is that the new management want good skaters with offensive upside from the get go. Size is nice, but not required. And that offense for forward is mostly about attacking the middle and not being afraid to go in the corners and battling for the puck.

Also, they had a preference for players who had positive progression in the second half of the season.

Only the Finnish D Nurmi doesn't fit that mold...and the goalie, but I don't know anything about goalies.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Not to harp too much about one player, but again, I'm surprise no one took a flyer on Morrison considering the playoffs and Mem Cup he had.

I'm particularly surprised the habs didn't use a 7th on him or trade to get another 7th. They probably watched him play a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad