2021 Offseason Thread | 2022 Roster Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think Cogliano is under-rated around here.

Still really good in the defensive and neutral zones. Useless is the offensive zone, but at least Bowness knows that. Comeau still gets the minutes of a 2-way winger rather then a one dimensional defender.

I also think Cogliano is still a really good skater and hasn't been hit by father time quite is much over the past year. Comeau was never fast, but it's bordering on glacier territory. I think he'll be unplayable this time next year.

I think any complaints on Cogliano and Comeau get magnified because of their contracts.

The top teams in the NHL have realized it's stupid to hand 2-3M contracts to bottom 6 talent. The talent pool is big enough where you can pinch pennies and sign FAs for cheap to play these roles- or you graduate players from your farm.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m thinking Nelson and Laxdal could be appealing options for Arizona. What do you think about that?

I don't think there's anyone on our coaching staff who I'd be particularly upset to lose.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Cogs, Comeau and Dickinson will be resigned here cheaper of course; have to for the ED.
They only need to sign 2 forwards that meet the criteria, pysyk could probably be used for the forward requirements even though he plays both positions and he's not going to get a raise

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Has there been talk of if the divisions are going back to normal next year? While wouldnt get constantly beat up by TB, FLA, and CAR, there isnt really a super weak teams to prey on. It's lots of average teams.

Colorado
Minnesota
Nashville
Dallas
Winnipeg
St. Louis
Chicago
Arizona

vs

Carolina
Florida
Tampa Bay
Nashville
Dallas
Chicago
Detroit
Columbus

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I wonder what price Oleksiak commands?

Watching the Chicago telecast the other night Eddie Olczyk mentioned $5 million+ and I nearly threw up in my mouth. I feel like there are a lot of UFA comparables in the $3.5 to $3.9 million range, and I'd be comfortable with that. Anything less and you sign him the minute the expansion draft is over. Anything more and I think you let him walk and try to find a couple of stop gaps.

He's not the ideal Miro partner, but you could do a lot worse.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I wonder what price Oleksiak commands?

Watching the Chicago telecast the other night Eddie Olczyk mentioned $5 million+ and I nearly threw up in my mouth. I feel like there are a lot of UFA comparables in the $3.5 to $3.9 million range, and I'd be comfortable with that. Anything less and you sign him the minute the expansion draft is over. Anything more and I think you let him walk and try to find a couple of stop gaps.

He's not the ideal Miro partner, but you could do a lot worse.
Pat Foley also said he'd rather put a bullet in his head than deal with the travel restrictions the players do so I wouldnt take what they hawks broadcast team says to heart

Blackhawks announcer Pat Foley under fire for 'bullet in my head' wish

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
For anyone trying to find the next Carter Verhaeghe or Jonathan Marchessault it might be worth looking into Michael Bunting from Arizona.

Very productive AHL career, earned a call-up and scored 10 goals in 21 games to go along with great underlying numbers. Only 25 years old but will become a UFA this summer due to his minimal games played. Just reading some opinions on him, seems like he is a very hard worker with some grit and not just a one dimensional scorer. Haven't watched a second of Coyotes hockey this year, but he looks like a potential steal on the UFA market this summer.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kinda feel like tortorella would be a good fit for the stars . Or more so , the stars would be a good fit for tortorella. We don’t really have the type of guys that he seems to clash with besides maybe guryanov. Given the stars coaching history though , that would be a big risk to take .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Kinda feel like tortorella would be a good fit for the stars . Or more so , the stars would be a good fit for tortorella. We don’t really have the type of guys that he seems to clash with besides maybe guryanov. Given the stars coaching history though , that would be a big risk to take .
Pass

Reactions: pbatx

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

He is just another Hitchcock who will turn a Ferrari into a Pickup truck.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I’d prob pass too tbh just thinking with the thumbs . I think we gotta let bones finish his contract and than move in another direction when pavelski and radulov are gone . The team will be getting younger and it will be a good time to try to find another long term guy . Maybe another Monty type hire out of college or ahl .

Reactions: Timani
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad