2022 Post lotto mock draft v2

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
1. Montreal: Shane Wright - I'm tempted to say Cooley but I feel at the end they will fall in love with the Suzuki Wright idea being their top 2 centers more than anything else

2. New Jersey: Juraj Slafkovsky - Unless they ADORE Cooley I see them going for Slaf here, while RD is another huge need here, they might not be able to pass on Slafkovsky's upside

3. Arizona: Logan Cooley - No brainer BPA, having him around Keller and Guenther gives them perhaps some hope for next year which realistically will still be a long and tedious season

4. Seattle: Simon Nemec - The Kraken go for what is perhaps my favorite prospect this year, I see Nemec as a can't miss top 2 Dman in the NHL, perhaps a hybrid between Andrei Markov and Miro Heiskanen

5. Philadelphia: David Jiricek - The Flyers go for the ever needed RD position and IMO the BPA by far at 5. I can see them consider Kemell too here which gives them something which they lack, a natural goal scorer.

6. Columbus: Joakim Kemell - If the Flyers pass on Kemell, I don't see him going past the JAckets, a hard worker, a pure scorer and a smart winger overall.

7. Ottawa: Matthew Savoie - Savoie falls into the Senators lap, once seen as a top 5 talent, he drops slightly but falls into an appealing destination, one that has an excellent core of young talent and one that will give him great linemates which will allow him to showcase his offensive talents.

8. Detroit: Connor Geekie - The Wings go for the big center which I'm sure might be on many teams top 7 or 8 draft lists. There's not another alternative at center, a position the Wings desperately need to improve.

9. Buffalo: Cutter Gauthier - Buffalo keeps stockpiling young talent, in Gauthier they get one that some see as a power forward, I personally don't but to each his own. He's been trending up on draft lists so seeing him go here is not far fetched.

10. Anaheim: Jonathan Lekkerimaki - The Young Swede is a real great fit here, probably the top offensive talent available, his recent play at the U18s was great, he's a couple years away but he will be a good one.

11. San Jose: Frank Nazar - The Sharks desperately need skill on the wing and at center, they grab one that could potentially play both positions and possesses lots of skill, if his game translates to the pros, he'd be a steal at 11.

12. Columbus: Pavel Mintyukov - After Kemell the Jackets select the best aailable Dman, one that reminds me of Ivan Provorov at the same age, similar game, similar size and their path is quite similar.

13. New York Isles: Marco Kasper - The Islanders are the team most likely to take Lambert but if Kasper is available they'll have a hard time passing on him. Hard worker, good skater, has a gritty 2 way game and has shown a good scoring ability, a pure bred center.

14. Winnipeg: Denton Mateychuk - I don't know if his name has something about it but to me Mateychuk has Winnipeg Jets all over him, I do also have him around my BPA list here.

15: Vancouver: Kevin Korchinski - With Mateychuk gone the Canucks go for the other high end offensive DMAN, Korchinski reminds me of a young Shea Theodore.

16. Buffalo: Ryan Chesley - The run on DMAN continues as the Sabres select the rugged physical specimen. Has a Sheldon Souray type of game, could be a gamer for a long time.

17. Nashville: Liam Ohgren - While perhaps not possessing elite skill, Ohgren to me looks like a solid and safe bet to become a 2nd line flashy winger, can see him develop quite well within the PRed organization.

18. Dallas: Sam Rinzel - Another RD off the boards, Rinzel has the size and the skating to be appealing to teams here. He's years away from the pros but the upside is quite appealing.

19. Los Angeles: Danila Yurov - the fall stops here for the potentially elite Yurov, blame the Russian catastrophic situation for the fall which I think will cause all Russian talent to drop a decent amount this year.

20. Washington: Jiri Kulich - A natural scorer, while some saw inconsistence, I see elite scoring, a potential 35 goal scorer in the pros. Ideally plays a year in the AHL and transitions to the pros 1 year or 2 later.

21. Pittsburgh: Owen Pickering - A project, a team like the Penguins can afford him here, at 21 Pickering brings solid value, the upside is a high end top 4 DMEN but he might be as boom or bust as anyone around him.

22. Edmonton: Lian Bichsel - You cannot ignore a DMAN with such size, the Oilers would love to see him available, while he's a project and also a player that is years away, Bichsel gives the Oilers an DMAN that will lay the body and be a threat to opposing skaters.

23. Anaheim: Brad Lambert - Someone is bound to run to the podium and select Lambert this late in the 1st, let that be the Ducks.

24. St. Louis: Noah Ostlund - Undersized but overrated, the speedy, flashy, creative winger finds himself in a great place. The Blues have done a great job developing those types of players lately.

25. Tampa Bay: Gleb Trikozov - A superb talent, insane skill, once again he falls due to the Russian factor but Tampa can wait, it can be patient and when the plkayer becomes a man they'll welcome him.

26. New York Rangers: Rutger McGroarty - He reminds me of JT Miller in college, very OK skating but everything else is high end, he will develop greatly with the Rangers and will be given ample time.

27. Minnesota: Filip Mesar - Mesar gives the Wild a KEvin Fiala type of player, fast, skilled, creative, he just needs to fill his frame and continue improving.

28. Toronto: Seamus Casey - While I think they'd love to go for a center they end up selecting the coveted RD. Casey is undersized but has the skill and skating to compensate and replenishes the LEafs prospect pool on D instantly.

29. Montreal: Ivan Miroshnichenko - Why not? They're picking again at 33 and can definitely afford going for the swing for the fences pick

30. Arizona: Tristan Luneau - Luneau gives the Yotes a responsible, well built DMAN, one that already plays a game that's almost pro ready.

31. Arizona: Jagger Firkus - Firkus has tons of offensive fire power, he's quite under sized but the raw and high end offense is there.

32. Buffalo: Isaac Howard - Howard gives the Sabres great value here, he's a player that could go anywhere from 12 to 40. Has had ups and downs but mostly ups lately.

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
I don't think Ottawa would take Savoie they like size too much so I would switch Connor Geekie to Ottawa and Savoie to Detroit

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
This is my favourite one and looks similar to mine. I think Howard and Miro are too low personally and will go higher. Some trends and risers to look for are Korchinski and Kasper potentially joining that group in the ‘consensus 7’. I think Korchinski has a lot to like about his game.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
The one player I seemed to forget that I'm quote convinced will have a team fall in love with him and grab him early is Calle Odelius.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
0 chance Ottawa takes Savoie. Look at their roster and draft history, he is just not a Sens pick at all. Too short/small to be a centerman in Ottawa, we've taken like 3 players under 6 foot over the last 5 years total, and theyve all been later in the draft. Savoie may be the BPA and have an unreal skillset, but Ottawa is not the team to take him, I'd bet my house on it.

I still think Gauthier makes the most sense for Ottawa. Maybe Geekie if they want a C but I think with Norris/Stutzle/Pinto/Grieg all down the middle I think they will go winger.

Reactions: c_mak

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Jackets are deepest at wing and pretty set at left D. They really need a center or two and a right D with solid defensive skills. At 6 I expect Savoie, Geekie, or (if they think he could be a center) Gauthier. At 12 I could see Chesley or Kasper. Maybe they take a wing at 12 if someone drops and they have already drafted a C at 6.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
The Jackets are deepest at wing and pretty set at left D. They really need a center or two and a right D with solid defensive skills. At 6 I expect Savoie, Geekie, or (if they think he could be a center) Gauthier. At 12 I could see Chesley or Kasper. Maybe they take a wing at 12 if someone drops and they have already drafted a C at 6.
You see them going need over BPA. I personally have Kemell as the undisputed BPA at 6 personally

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Nazar to CBJ makes so much to me. USNTDP and a C and super skilled two way guy. Seems like such a CBJ pick.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You see them going need over BPA. I personally have Kemell as the undisputed BPA at 6 personally

I saw Jarmo pick PLD over a Finnish wing that was the consensus #3 and everyone thought he was an idiot at the time. I don’t think Jarmo values wings as highly as you do.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If the board fell this way, I'd go Nazar, Yurov, and Howard. But there's no way Howard gets past 20, let alone 32.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Nazar fall to the late teens. I can also think of a couple teams that for whatever reason like him enough in the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad