2022 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 2021 NHL Draft has come and gone, and many teams have already held their post-draft development camp, getting an up-close and personal look at the players they have selected in their new jerseys. However, scouting new talent never stops and with this, in mind we turn our attention towards the talent that will be available in the 2022 NHL Draft. It may be early and there is still a full year of hockey to be played, likely leading to a lot of movement between these rankings and where players end up at the end of next season, but still, let’s take a look and preview the 2022 NHL Draft.

Due to the COVID pandemic, the 2021 class was very hard to scout, with many leagues playing limited schedules and some not even playing at all. This has affected the 2022 class as we have not has as good a look at them as we have with a typical class at this time. That said the 2022 Draft seems to be exceptionally strong, especially at the top of the class. The 2022 NHL Draft will be held at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

Early 2022 NHL Draft Rankings

2022 NHL Draft Rankings: An Early Look - Last Word On Sports

2022 NHL Draft Rankings Part 2: 6-10 - Last Word on Sports

2022 NHL Draft Rankings Part 3: 11-15 - Last Word on Sports

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The 2021 NHL Draft has come and gone, and many teams have already held their post-draft development camp, getting an up-close and personal look at the players they have selected in their new jerseys. However, scouting new talent never stops and with this, in mind we turn our attention towards the talent that will be available in the 2022 NHL Draft. It may be early and there is still a full year of hockey to be played, likely leading to a lot of movement between these rankings and where players end up at the end of next season, but still, let’s take a look and preview the 2022 NHL Draft.

Due to the COVID pandemic, the 2021 class was very hard to scout, with many leagues playing limited schedules and some not even playing at all. This has affected the 2022 class as we have not has as good a look at them as we have with a typical class at this time. That said the 2022 Draft seems to be exceptionally strong, especially at the top of the class. The 2022 NHL Draft will be held at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

Early 2022 NHL Draft Rankings

2022 NHL Draft Rankings: An Early Look - Last Word On Sports

2022 NHL Draft Rankings Part 2: 6-10 - Last Word on Sports

2022 NHL Draft Rankings Part 3: 11-15 - Last Word on Sports

I haven't been following the 2022 draft class since covid has limited my viewings past couple years, but is the first round solid among picks 16 to 24? Guessing this is where we'll end up.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I haven't been following the 2022 draft class since covid has limited my viewings past couple years, but is the first round solid among picks 16 to 24? Guessing this is where we'll end up.

thats where it gets hard to say. other than shane wright, i havent seen any of the OHLers since they didnt play and would have been rookies. And then some of the european junior leagues shutdown early too. even the Q and WHL were limited seasons.

the top of this draft is very strong which makes me think there will be depth, but we will know more omce we have a few weeks of viewings.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Hopefully we are able to accumulate more picks in the first 3 rounds for the next two drafts.

I find the # of our draft pick selections are overblown because the bulk of them are 4th/5th rounders which rarely pan out.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know it's for the '23 draft but Sean Farrell's teammate this year, Adam Fantilli who should be a top prospect for the draft, has announced he's going to Michigan in '22-'23.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
thats where it gets hard to say. other than shane wright, i havent seen any of the OHLers since they didnt play and would have been rookies. And then some of the european junior leagues shutdown early too. even the Q and WHL were limited seasons.

the top of this draft is very strong which makes me think there will be depth, but we will know more omce we have a few weeks of viewings.

Lots of depth imo, but indeed, maybe there will be some pandemic damage there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While watching Gordin, I noticed his teammate Dmitri Buchelnikov, he just turned 18 today so he was passed over this summers draft but might be someone to keep an eye on. Small but looked flashy.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We have a lack for a top pair D to especially at the RD. No doubt in my mind that Luneau will become that

We have a lack of a top winger at LW and RW.
We have a lack of a top C.
We have a lack of a top end G.

They have a lack everywhere but LD but I'm far more comfortable with the D in the pipeline who can play on the RHD side then I am with players in the pool who can score over 50 points.

Reactions: SOLR

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We have a lack of a top winger at LW and RW.
We have a lack of a top C.
We have a lack of a top end G.

They have a lack everywhere but LD but I'm far more comfortable with the D in the pipeline who can play on the RHD side then I am with players in the pool who can score over 50 points.
agree, to be honest I don't know enough the other prospect to really make a statement on that (and it's way to early) but I saw Luneau play since he's 4 yrs and I never saw someone like him. No doubt in my mind that he will be a #1 D for 15 yrs

Reactions: 1000eeer

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
agree, to be honest I don't know enough the other prospect to really make a statement on that (and it's way to early) but I saw Luneau play since he's 4 yrs and I never saw someone like him. No doubt in my mind that he will be a #1 D for 15 yrs

Yeah don't get me wrong - he's great, I just think this draft is so deep at forward and we need to grab one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->