Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft Prospects

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
With the Hlinka Gretzky Cup starting up today, I think it's appropriate for the 2022 NHL Draft thread to be created for discussion about anything and everything regarding the 2022 NHL Draft. It might seem a little early for this thread to be created, but because a major tournament is about to be underway with tons of the best 2022 eligibles participating, I think it's necessary should people want to discuss.

A preliminary ranking:
The 2022 NHL Draft top 24 prospects: Shane Wright leads Corey Pronman's list

And a thread with some preliminary rankings of HFers on the mainbords:
Post Your 2022 Draft List

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Very cool to see tons of RHD and C . With Nico and Huges we are set but still would be nice to grab some C depth behind those two. If Mercer is a better winger than a C then we don’t have much after Boqvist.
RHD was terribly thin but not as bad as before us adding some new guy as a UFA this . Not sure what his name is , apparently he is not terrible at playing hockey and is a little bit of an upgrade on Butcher…..
Hopefully we can find a RHD or a shoot first LW that can play a heavy game. Another Mercer with a but more of a elite shot and size is all I’m asking for lol.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Will definitely take a look. I have a big feeling we'll improve our position in the standings this upcoming season, but I still think we'll have a good pick, even with the young guy's progress. There's a lot of talented RHD, which is nice.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Seamus Casey, David Jiriceck, Simon Nemec...couple names for RD. I only paid attention to RDs though but yea, we may need to start looking into higher tier C as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Very cool to see tons of RHD and C . With Nico and Huges we are set but still would be nice to grab some C depth behind those two. If Mercer is a better winger than a C then we don’t have much after Boqvist.
RHD was terribly thin but not as bad as before us adding some new guy as a UFA this . Not sure what his name is , apparently he is not terrible at playing hockey and is a little bit of an upgrade on Butcher…..
Hopefully we can find a RHD or a shoot first LW that can play a heavy game. Another Mercer with a but more of a elite shot and size is all I’m asking for lol.

I think we have plenty of depth...just question of how much upside those players have and/or if they will be C at NHL level.

Boqvist
Talvitie
Moynihan
Pytlik
Shlaine
Baumgartner
Salminen
Bardakov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad