2022 Mock Draft V1

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
ran a tankathon sim

1.Red Wings - Shane Wright - No brainer here, they go BPA and also hit a massive need.
2.Canadiens- Logan Cooley - With Wright off the table, they go Cooley here, itès a mix of BPA and need for the Habs
3.Coyotes- Simon Nemec - The Coyotes need everything, they hope this pick eventually becomes an OEL v2 for their franchise
4.Kraken- Juraj Slafkovsky- BPA at 4, brings the Kraken a unicorn type of prospect, if he reaches his full potnetial, he"s a franchise winger
5.Flyers-Frank Nazar- I just see them taking here, he's everything they target
6.Devils-David Jiricek- No brainer type of pick, BPA, need, etc, Jiricek is probably top 3 or 4 on their list
7.Jackets-Conor Geekie- A reach here, but they can affford swinging to the fences and gambling on a big center
8.Senators-Matthew Savoie- BPA at 8 brings potential explosiveness from the wing, great fit here
9.Sabres-Cutter Gauthier-Brings so much to a lineup, might become a solid big 2nd line winger that plays a physical game
10.Ducks-Ryan Chesley-A surprise perhaps but I can see multiple teams having him as BPA around 10 or so
11.Sharks-Joakim Kemell-Kemell can go anywhere from 3-15, home run pick at 11
12.Jackets-Pavel Mintyukov- The run at the second tier of D has begun and the Jackets pick their guy
13.Islanders-Brad Lambert-Too many connections between the Isles and Lambert for this not to happen
14.Jets-Jonathan Lekkerimaki- The Jets have a poor core of FWD prospects and go BPA here and draft from a pov of need
15.Canucks-Marco Kasper- His game reminds me so much of a Bo Horvat, a very talented 2 way center
16.Sabres-Kevin Korchinski- The Sabres gamble pick with this fantastic offensive Dman, needs to fix his D game
17.Stars-Danila Yurov- Russian drama can take a hike at 17 for a guy like Yurov, massive upside at 17
18.Predators-Liam Ohgren- The Preds select the silky smooth skating forward from Sweden, will fit well in that org
19.Kings-Denton Mateychuk- Another swing for the fences, he has high end offensive upside but needs to work on his defensive game
20.Penguins-Jiri Kulich- His recent play sure helps and he goes way earlier than many expected
21.Capitals-Gleb Trikozov- Another massive prospect from Russia that could have been a top 10 pick if he was North American
22.Oilers-Isaac Howard- Howards makes tons of sense from an Oilers POV, they need to constantly find ways to surround their top 2 FWDS
23.Ducks-Owen Pickering- Great value at 23 could easily go in the top 15, solid all around Dman
24.Rangers-Seamus Casey- Undersized but like MAteychuk and Korchinski brings massive value offensively from the back end
25.Blues-Noah Ostlund- They love their Swedes and select a FWD that will fit in greatly within their system
26.Lightning-Lian Bichsel- The massive DMAN will bring everything the Lightning need and thatès a massive presence in their zone
27.Wild-Adam Ingram- I see the Wild loving this player and grabbing him earlier than expected
28.Leafs-Sam Rinzel- Another Dman, another one with huge upside, might be a boom or bust prospect, still raw
29.Canadiens-Calle Odelius- A reach perhaps, but he is a first round talent by far in my opinion
30.Coyotes-Filip Mesar- Elite skater with a complete game, undersized but at 30 it's a great pick
31.Coyotes-Filip Bystedt- A big center with a 2 way game, with 3 picks in the first, they can afford to roll the dice
32.Sabres-Tristan Luneau- 2 way oriented Dman with solid size and IQ, a safe pick here

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think there’s close to 0 chance Goyette isn’t taken in the first round. I could honestly see him going as early as 12. Other than that though I don’t have any issues. Love the Kemell pick for SJ though.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think there’s close to 0 chance Goyette isn’t taken in the first round. I could honestly see him going as early as 12. Other than that though I don’t have any issues. Love the Kemell pick for SJ though.
I don't see it with him. I'd personally have him as a mid 2nd at the earliest but would expect him to go in the late 1st to early 2nd.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't see it with him. I'd personally have him as a mid 2nd at the earliest but would expect him to go in the late 1st to early 2nd.
To me he’s one of those guys that is a huge riser on draft day. Guy is just a warrior and I very easily see him gone by pick 20.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
For me personally I think Matt Savoie is too short to ever be drafted by Ottawa so early, at 5'9 just too risky to be a Sens pick. I'd think in this situation Kemell is probably the pick.

Reactions: Takurcitee

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I don’t see a Rangers team with a deep pool of offensive undersized defenseman (Fox, Jones, Lundkvist) taking Seamus Casey. They will draft a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad