Shakir Mukhamadullin
Simon Nemec
Nikita Okhotiuk
Akira Schmid
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Reilly Walsh
Fabian Zetterlund

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Seems like I timed the polls just right.

My goal was to have the last poll finish a little before rookies reported so we'd have some to argue talk about. Looks like we'll finish the 20th polll a day or two early.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Seems like I timed the polls just right.

My goal was to have the last poll finish a little before rookies reported so we'd have some to argue talk about. Looks like we'll finish the 20th polll a day or two early.
Maybe add a bonus poll to span the first couple of days of camp? Something like a vote off between every single prospect remaining as one large group and @Ripshot 43? I know who I'm voting for.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Maybe add a bonus poll to span the first couple of days of camp? Something like a vote off between every single prospect remaining as one large group and @Ripshot 43? I know who I'm voting for.
Na. I figure there's going to be some reporting on the kids as they arrive into town before camp. Especially now that we have a real beat writer.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Went with Bardakov because he is an option. Add Talvitie.

Think Aarne, as well as Pitlyk, Vilen and Zaitsev might be better prospects but none ate options to this point.

On another note, has a roster for the rookie tournament been announced yet?

Devils media group has been busy with the MTV Awards.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Voted Salminen. It's unfortunate for his professional career that he chose the route he took, because he's basically a year behind in development at this point. But I'm interested to see what he accomplishes in college.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
We don't know enough for now about Barabosha and Orlov

Malek shows great stat on respectful levels

Vilen shows respectful game

Filmon
22-23 preseason opener

1 goal
3 assists
4 points
+2
3 sog

Leddy shows every skill and every tool you want from defensive defenseman.

Bardakov looks like potential great forechecking forward

Not every depth guy will turn into NHL player, but some of that group could do it. Group is great and great to have them. And their "depth" status doesn't make them "prospect without potential". Castron and co did a good job. Some of them or even most of them could be top 10 prospects in some other systems.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Voted Salminen. It's unfortunate for his professional career that he chose the route he took, because he's basically a year behind in development at this point. But I'm interested to see what he accomplishes in college.

Not sure how you see that as "unfortunate" since it gives him more time to.develop - both physically and in terms of his technical and tactical game - before the club must decide whether to sign him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Filmon

Not every depth guy will turn into NHL player, but some of that group could do it. Group is great and great to have them. And their "depth" status doesn't make them "prospect without potential". Castron and co did a good job. Some of them or even most of them could be top 10 prospects in some other systems.
The unpublicized new guys are just that. With a year to follow them we will have a much better feel for their potential. Some of them will move up in the poll for next season. The NCAA games are reasonably available in thr US so we will get good looks at the Michigan players if nothing else.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The unpublicized new guys are just that. With a year to follow them we will have a much better feel for their potential. Some of them will move up in the poll for next season. The NCAA games are reasonably available in thr US so we will get good looks at the Michigan players if nothing else.
I will track Orlov and Barabosha. And I will make videos about them. But I believe it wil not change citizens opinion overall, because we saw how I pushed Okhotiuk and Gritsyuk year ago. And only now after year they got some attention.
Same story with players on the draft. I could call a lot of players, who didn't got attention and boom - they were drafted high.
People should really start to have NO opinion about something they really don't know. Didnt watch player game? Read something? Ok may be its truth, but just don't judge. Or make remarks at least.

There were some "DRAFT GURU" who hated Shakir and still hate. And when he did some mistakes, of course they will show you them like a proof. Decision making, mistakes prone, etc.
But you know what? Shaq is very young, play a lot and he is very big. It makes his mechanics worser. You can show it in Graves, Hamilton or Severson game. This is how it works. Tall players should learn how compensate it.
And one small remark.

Mukhamadullin was top 10 defenseman in KHL in completed passes last season. This year, yesterday, when I saw stats, he was third overall defenseman.

The one who played will make mistakes. And Shakir isn't bad at the game. And ofcourse he should work on his game. But when some just try to push specific narrative, I would prefer to ask him to watch little more games. Before making judgements.

I think I will have no opportunity to watch NCAA this season, hope you guys will watch and tell us how our boy play. I really like what I saw when I watched Leddy last season. Would be great if we will have some reviews about his game and game of other students this season.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Filmon

I was voting for Filmon before it was cool. (It’s just the pre-season though.)

Vilén is signed so he should probably be on the list somewhere because his ass will be dragged here at some point.

Instead we have a couple of NCAA players who could easily sign with other teams next off-season on it first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad