Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Went with Barron, that being said this is where the rankings will start to differ a lot and I could see no issue someone preferring any one of Farrell/Roy/Hutson/Mesar here.

Reactions: 26Mats

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Went with Harris. It’s so nice to have lots of decent prospects to chose from nowadays, but it does make ranking all of them a little more difficult than in the past for sure

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I can see good arguments being made for Farrell, Roy and Barron, and probably also for Mesar, Primeau, Mailloux and Harris.

I voted Farrell because he proved himself playing against men already, even though there's a chance Roy ends up being better. I think it’s less likely other players become stars, but Barron probably has the highest floor. Hutson could also be the next Torey Krug, but it's a long shot compared to other players on the list.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think Roy and Farrell are overrated personally.
Middle 6 types imo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Mailloux for me but Farrell is winning this

The lack of games is a big red flag right now.

Covid, then the off ice stuff then the major injury.

Lots of talent, but these kinds of situations usually don't end well with respect to development.

I think Roy and Farrell are overrated personally.
Middle 6 types imo.

Well, that's kind of what the prospect pool is loaded with. There's an abundance of guys who could be 2nd or 3rd liners, or 2nd pairing guys.

There's very little in top pair/line potential once you get past the guys who are already ranked.

Farrell and Roy fit are probably among the top tier of that middling group of prospects remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad