• Dmitri Kostenko

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Xavier Simoneau

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
For those who follow our prospects better, is Vrbetic any good?
I mean, does he have bad stats in juniors because he's bad, or because the team in front of him is awful (ala Patrick Roy in his junior days)?

The pick was confusing to me at the time of the draft - interesting size but over 4 GAA and 0.881 SV% in the OHL seemed horrible. Stats improved a lot last year (0.906 SV% ad 2.87 GAA) but still not great.

So yeah, I like goaltenders a lot, and wonder if we secretly got a good one in him the way Dobes is turning out much better than his pre-draft stats would suggest he would.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For those who follow our prospects better, is Vrbetic any good?
I mean, does he have bad stats in juniors because he's bad, or because the team in front of him is awful (ala Patrick Roy in his junior days)?

The pick was confusing to me at the time of the draft - interesting size but over 4 GAA and 0.881 SV% in the OHL seemed horrible. Stats improved a lot last year (0.906 SV% ad 2.87 GAA) but still not great.

So yeah, I like goaltenders a lot, and wonder if we secretly got a good one in him the way Dobes is turning out much better than his pre-draft stats would suggest he would.

He's a project. You miss an entire year to covid and it sucks. When you're big as Vrbetic? It's worse. Big goalies take a lot longer to develop. The position is so reliant on coordination and big kids take a lot longer to coordinate.

He's not as good as Primeau Dobes or Dichow but he's a good gamble and we will see how he grows.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad