• Vincenz Rohrer

Votes: 62 51.2%
  • Jan Mysak

Votes: 59 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Two guys who are really not at the same place in his developpement ..

Mysak play a lot last year and didn't really showing sign of progression since he come to North America, this guy is not a bad player but seem to already reach is potential in some way. I don't really think Mysak is better now than he was at the same date one year ago. Personnaly, I will trade this guy the sooner I can before he lose all his value see hype of a young prospect. I thought the same at the time for Nathan Beaulieu who are not better at 20 than 18.

For Rohrer, it's completly the opposite, this guy are very young, skate like the wind and can have a very nice developpement in his game in the next year because of his age, the role he will have on his team and he still adjusting to the North American style of game; Mysak play in NA from 2019-20! Rohrer will be a very interesting prospect to watch in the next year!

The only way to have a debat for me between the 2 players it will be in 1 year if Rohrer show no sign of progression at all but for now I don't really understand why some think Mysak still a better prospect than Rohrer. Personally, Mysak become more a suspect than a prospect with is progression in the lasts years and Rohrer still have the time to elevate is game to another level!
You can't just stat watch in evaluating progress. He played a strong defensive role on the team that were OHL champions. Had injury issues as well so we don't know how that affected him as well.

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013
Like I said is not a bad player at all. Let me try to explain my point. These guys came from Europe in 2019-20 and have a good start in OHL, 25 pts in 22 games. In the Covid year, 2020-21, he benefited playing at the pro level, 22 games with Laval. In 2021-22, in the OHL with Hamilton, he had a good year with 64 points in 61 games, 11 points in 17 games in OHL playoff and 2 points in 5 games in the Memorial cup run.

Nothing bad against him but for a guy they adjust to the North American game, who has played a lot, on different stages OHL, International, Playoff, Memorial Cup and pro level and with his background these guys have some skill I expected a lot better results than that at this time.

This guy because of his developpement is supposed to have an edge on everyone or close to his opponent in the OHL because of his experience and I really don't see that! I know he doesn't have a big spot with his powerhouse team and he plays a very mature game for his age and he has a very good work ethic but like I said as expected a lot more concrete thing than working on the details!

Like I said before I will trade this guy the fastest I can because I think the much longer you keep it, is value will decrease with the time and with the quantity of the prospect we have in the system it's a question of time before he got surpassed by some in the hierarchy and don't really have the opportunity to establish himself!

I see a Jan Bulis or Lukas Vejdemo kind of player in Mysak, a pro player but not really a good one, and I think with the prospect pool the Habs have he will not survive to make the next step at the NHL level!

PS : This is only my opinion and mine is not better than your ;)

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013
You can't just stat watch in evaluating progress. He played a strong defensive role on the team that were OHL champions. Had injury issues as well so we don't know how that affected him as well.
I forgot to hit reply before sending and I don't know how to change that. Take 2! Sorry ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad