WC: 2022. groups

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Right now wikipedia IIHF World Championship 2022 - article gives these seedings:

Group A:

Canada
United States
Germany
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark
Italy
Kazakhstan

Group B:

Russia
Czech Republic
Sweden
Finland
Latvia
Belarus
Norway
Great Britain

The seeding will mot likely change at some point. So I wouldnt count these as a final groups yet.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I think one group is SWE, RUS, CZE, LAT, NOR,BLS,GB and the winner of this tournament. But Finland has the opportunity to exchange two teams of the same quality, because they will be the tournament advisor.

Poro24

May 4, 2005
Finland
Would be awesome to see Finland and Sweden in same group for the first time in ehh 20 years?

But nooo... Probably very much the same groups than this year.

Reactions: Mestaruus

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Right now wikipedia IIHF World Championship 2022 - article gives these seedings:

Group A:

Canada
United States
Germany
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark
Italy
Kazakhstan

Group B:

Russia
Czech Republic
Sweden
Finland
Latvia
Belarus
Norway
Great Britain

The seeding will mot likely change at some point. So I wouldnt count these as a final groups yet.

Finland can't catch up Canada even if they win, so according to the ranking these groups are correct.

Of course the organiser has the option of swapping two teams.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I think one group is SWE, RUS, CZE, LAT, NOR,BLS,GB and the winner of this tournament. But Finland has the opportunity to exchange two teams of the same quality, because they will be the tournament advisor.
It's possible, but I'm not sure if it makes much sense to swap teams from one group to another in this case. I suppose they could have either the ROC, Sweden or even Latvia play in Helsinki as it would be easier for their fans to reach by train or ferry.

Since it's a mere 3.5 h train ride from St. Petersburg to Helsinki while Tampere isn't quite as accessible, swapping the Russians with another team might make the most sense out of these, I guess.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Group A:

Canada
United States
Germany
Switzerland
Slovakia
Denmark
Italy
Kazakhstan

Group B:

Russia
Czech Republic
Sweden
Finland
Latvia
Belarus
Norway
Great Britain

Oh good, I was hoping the Czechs could continue their tradition of always having 3 of the big 5 in their group.lol

member 305909

Is there some unwritten rule that Canada and the USA are always in the same group?

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
It's possible, but I'm not sure if it makes much sense to swap teams from one group to another in this case. I suppose they could have either the ROC, Sweden or even Latvia play in Helsinki as it would be easier for their fans to reach by train or ferry.

Since it's a mere 3.5 h train ride from St. Petersburg to Helsinki while Tampere isn't quite as accessible, swapping the Russians with another team might make the most sense out of these, I guess.

I also don't think it makes sense to have both Russia and Sweden play in Tampere. Those are the two teams that will have the most fans traveling to Finland. Tampere will have plenty of attendance because we have Finland playing here. Helsinki on the other hand needs the Russian and Swedish fans.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
IIHF - Groups for 2022

groups_2022wm_800px.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad