• Kyle Kukkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the twentieth poll, I am voting for Axel Andersson.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (+3)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Urho Vaakanainen (2022 acquired)
7. C - Nathan Gaucher (2022 draftee)
8. D - Henry Thrun (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (no change)
11. D - Drew Helleson (2022 acquired)
12. LW - Brayden Tracey (-1)
13. D - Noah Warren (2022 draftee)
14. D - Tristan Luneau (2022 draftee)
15. G - Calle Clang (2022 acquired)
16. D - Simon Benoit (-1)
17. RW - Sam Colangelo (-3)
18. D - Ian Moore (-5)
19. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (-11)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Every year some of us say we should do it after the rookie tourney.... Maybe next year will be the year we have the most updated rankings from waiting.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Every year some of us say we should do it after the rookie tourney.... Maybe next year will be the year we have the most updated rankings from waiting.
While at least it's something, I think judging players highly after the rookie tourney would lead to flawed assumptions, IMO. No NCAA guys or Europeans. Older rookies not pushing as much, new ones can be just wandering around. No real systems in place...

While it's fun to watch, it's not necessarily the best measuring stick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
While at least it's something, I think judging players highly after the rookie tourney would lead to flawed assumptions, IMO. No NCAA guys or Europeans. Older rookies not pushing as much, new ones can be just wandering around. No real systems in place...

I think the most updated look is the best way to judge any player but to each their own. It would lead to updated looks and seeing where they stack up against other top prospects and PROs.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

I agree! But I also switched my vote from Andersson to Hinds.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I agree! But I also switched my vote from Andersson to Hinds.

Same lol he looked good in all areas and actually was physical compared to last year which was the best thing for me to see. Big difference from just last year.

Here's the best part, we haven't seen what Hinds can do offensively. After a trade in his D+0 season, his offense took off. Then that offense continued into the next season, showing his offense wasn't a fluke. Murray trading back into the 3rd round for Hinds is looking good right now.

Hinds played a nice, clean simple game, which made him look so much better than everyone else out there. In doing research for 2022 tall, defensive D, I discovered Hinds ranked high in the Q for hits and puck wins in his D+0 season. He finished +23 on his second team in his D+1 season in only 38 games. Last night, he did win a lot of puck battles and got the puck out of the corners fast.

I hope he continues to refine that part of his game as we really could use that type of player with all of our finesse OFD's. Yeah, it's just a rookie game with barely enough time to gel with teammates, but he sure looked better than our other shutdown defensemen in Helleson and Warren.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The fact that either Tyson Hinds or Axel Andersson won't be a top 20 prospect for us is crazy. Still plenty of intriguing talents left McLaughlin, Lopina, Galimov, Tschigerl, Alexander, Hvidston, King, Buteyets, and Regenda and players like Drew and Kindopp who likely have limited upside but have already played an NHL game and have a decent chance of being depth callups for the NHL team starting next eason

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad