GDT: 2022 Bruins draft discussion

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Latvian kid was pretty interesting doing drills etc

I think he played in Sweden well he seemed like he was schooled properly

Spicer looks like a full back or free safety - looks taller then 5’10 but he skates upright

I saw him one time live against PC playing with NTDP and I thought he looked like Lazar when Lazar was on his game and he was like that today

Poitrus looks like a JV player size wise - definitely will need to add muscle. He also was not anything to write home about shooting and even skating. However, when they played 3 on 3 with nets close he was completely different with the puck he was swirling and swerving and making things happen- when he didn’t have he was just as active and went to places to get open.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Poitrus looks like a JV player size wise - definitely will need to add muscle. He also was not anything to write home about shooting and even skating. However, when they played 3 on 3 with nets close he was completely different with the puck he was swirling and swerving and making things happen- when he didn’t have he was just as active and went to places to get open.
That’s an interesting read. Would rather have a boxer that knows what to do in the ring than have a speed bag hero.

Edit: It’s like some of those defenseman you hear about that have a 105 mph boomer….and you NEVER see it in the game because they can’t get it off. Fun when nobody is covering you though.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That’s an interesting read. Would rather have a boxer that knows what to do in the ring than have a speed bag hero.

Edit: It’s like some of those defenseman you hear about that have a 105 mph boomer….and you NEVER see it in the game because they can’t get it off. Fun when nobody is covering you though.
Great analogy

I love it - so true on the boxing analogy

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They are 18 years old, still could be growing.

I know. But really, it doesn't inspire confidence in BBB Redux when they draft two centermen who are 5'10" & 5'11."

I understand that center isn't necessarily a size and brawn position, but really, it's been almost seven years. They NEVER seem to get the message.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It's a My Cousin Vinny thing.

So, you belong to the old guard.

And that was 1992.

Am I old? Yeah. I'm old.

Statler & Waldorf, Gallery Gods,

1657594184643.png

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know. But really, it doesn't inspire confidence in BBB Redux when they draft two centermen who are 5'10" & 5'11."

I understand that center isn't necessarily a size and brawn position, but really, it's been almost seven years. They NEVER seem to get the message.

What message?

They took a Huge, strong, fast center a couple years ago, and seems everyone hates him too

I just don't understand how Sweeney can't convince other teams to let top 10 talent drop to him in the 50s

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
I liked that goyette kid.
I started following him closely from January when he went on an absolute point tear and could not figure out why he was not higher in the rankings. He looks like a dynamic skater but I guess from people who aren't just watching highlights like me, he's more east/west, great edges and perhaps not all that great in top speed...also read in a couple places he is very hesitant about getting loose pucks and doing dirty work, might come with needed muscle but probably a winger long term. Still think he was a great pick where he went regardless, seems to be some slick skill and great acceleration/edge work, if not top speed.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My rough draft list

1. Lysell
2. Lohrei
3. Beecher
4. Merkulov
5. Jellvik
6. Poitras/Spicer/Locmelis
7. Bussi/Dyck/Svedeback
8. Brunet/Mast/Gallagher
9. Harrison/Kuntar/Mantykivi
10. Toporowski/Tralmaks

In no particular order:

Potiras
Lysell
Harrison
Lohrei
Beecher
Merkulov
Kuntar
Jellvik
Ahcan
McLaughlin

If they can't clear waivers, to me they are graduated. So that includes Steen, Studnicka, Koppanen, and Zboril.

Reactions: bbfan419

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
In no particular order:

Potiras
Lysell
Harrison
Lohrei
Beecher
Merkulov
Kuntar
Jellvik
Ahcan
McLaughlin

If they can't clear waivers, to me they are graduated. So that includes Steen, Studnicka, Koppanen, and Zboril.
looks good but I think ya gotta have Mantykivvi (?) in there

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
looks good but I think ya gotta have Mantykivvi (?) in there

My only viewings of him were at the WJC a couple years ago, I'll be honest I wasn't impressed. Very small sample obviously, but I can't say there was anything that I saw from him that stood out in any way.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
My only viewings of him were at the WJC a couple years ago, I'll be honest I wasn't impressed. Very small sample obviously, but I can't say there was anything that I saw from him that stood out in any way.
Dom has posted a few times to keep an eye on him.....thats good enough for me to boost him way up.... :)

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Dom has posted a few times to keep an eye on him.....thats good enough for me to boost him way up.... :)

I would certainly trust his judgement regarding this prospect over my own. And it was a couple years ago (2021 WJC) so maybe Mantykivi has developed a lot since then. His numbers in the Finnish League year-to-year do reflect considerable improvement.

Reactions: shelbysdad

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Im still working on how to spell Grezlcyk (whatever) have a nick name for MM ? lol

Guess wrong thread....sorry....

Dom do you see any of this years picks in top 10 as of now?

Poitras in and Mast out. That's about it. Maybe after rookie camp I might make some changes. This isn't the type of draft like Lysell where he instantly became the Bruins top prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad