2022 Annual Jets Top 20 Prospects Rankings #4

Who is the Jets #4 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd peg Lambert as having star potential but he also has a significant amount of risk associated with reaching it at this point. It wouldn't surprise me if he's number 1 on my list next summer if he gets back on track and has a terrific year.
Our prospects are intriguing. I like Barron and Gus as regulars this year and Chisholm to play a bunch of games too. Chaz, Rutger, Lambert have potential to be successful if they develop well. Rashevky and chibrikov are wildcards who can develop longer term and surprise us as later picks we didn’t really count on making it, both had good years last year. We’re not heavy star power like the Connor Laine years but we got a nice cluster of prospects. Hopefully a few come out of it as good Nhlers.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our prospects are intriguing. I like Barron and Gus as regulars this year and Chisholm to play a bunch of games too. Chaz, Rutger, Lambert have potential to be successful if they develop well. Rashevky and chibrikov are wildcards who can develop longer term and surprise us as later picks we didn’t really count on making it, both had good years last year. We’re not heavy star power like the Connor Laine years but we got a nice cluster of prospects. Hopefully a few come out of it as good Nhlers.

Yeah, outside of Perfetti I don't see much star potential but I expect we should get a number of good NHL players.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If he stays off track and has a horrific year I would be more concerned. We'll hear, "muh Finnish primadonna" from the usual suspects but I have high hopes for him. Watching him in his 16 y/o season I thought he was gonna be a star.
Come on, he's really a good Canadian kid from the Prairies who through no fault of his own, simply had the misfortune of being born and raised in Finland. :laugh:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Are people voting for Rutger just because he’s a new first round draft pick and has a winning personality? Curious why people are suddenly elevating him over Lucious, our last year first round pick.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Are people voting for Rutger just because he’s a new first round draft pick and has a winning personality? Curious why people are suddenly elevating him over Lucious, our last year first round pick.

I voted Chisholm but imo Lucious had another significant lower body injury that required surgery. Given his skating is a major weakness that injury could potentially impact his ability to improve his biggest weakness. Also I have never been all that high on him. I think he finishes well but doesn't push the play like our other skilled forward prospects do.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Personally I think McGRT has as much or more offensive potential. His overall game is more rounded and he oozes leadership. For me Lucius was a good pick last year and I’m happy the Jets have him, but I didn’t Love the pick at that time.

I just believe McGRT is an all around better prospect.

Reactions: surixon

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

Lucious had an up and down year because of his situation. Saying that he still had a good year with a bit of a slow start. Depending on where he plays next year could elevate his status in our pool. Guy is elite level offensive tools and just seems to be around the puck all the time.

My top 5 for the Jets is

Perfetti -1C/1W
McGroarty -1C/2C
Heinola - Top 2 D
Lucius - 1W/2W
Samberg - Top 4 D

There are some guys outside this top 5 that have really high end potential as well. Chibrikov,Rashevsky,Chisholm and Lambert all have top 6 Forward or top 4 D potential. After that there is another grouping of solid prospects like Gus,Salomonsson,Torgersson,Kuzmin and Gawanke.

While we "lack" a number 1 D man in the pipeline those are not easy to find. Goalies are Voodoo as well. I like what we have done to replenish our prospect pool

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Am I confusing Rashevsky and Chibrikov?

It's a tight cluster here now IMO.

Remind me again please - are we talking ceiling, who's going to make an impact overall or are we talking who's going to make an impact (potentially lower overall) sooner?

I weight it as overall impact eventually. Just my view. It’s tricky though because bird in the hand is important and also carry’s weight.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Lucious had an up and down year because of his situation. Saying that he still had a good year with a bit of a slow start. Depending on where he plays next year could elevate his status in our pool. Guy is elite level offensive tools and just seems to be around the puck all the time.

My top 5 for the Jets is

Perfetti -1C/1W
McGroarty -1C/2C
Heinola - Top 2 D
Lucius - 1W/2W
Samberg - Top 4 D

There are some guys outside this top 5 that have really high end potential as well. Chibrikov,Rashevsky,Chisholm and Lambert all have top 6 Forward or top 4 D potential. After that there is another grouping of solid prospects like Gus,Salomonsson,Torgersson,Kuzmin and Gawanke.

While we "lack" a number 1 D man in the pipeline those are not easy to find. Goalies are Voodoo as well. I like what we have done to replenish our prospect pool

Agree - but much as I like our pool, I would like it a lot more if we had taken Ceulemans instead of Lucius last year. But we didn't so I will hope that Lucius improves on his weaknesses and gets the chance to make the most of his finish, especially around the net.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad