Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
:avs

Draft:
3/95 Marek Hejduk, RW, USA NTDP (USHL)
5/159 Brennan Ali, C, Avon Old Farms (HS-CT)
5/160 Pavel Kamko, LHD, Cherepovets (MHL)
6/191 Alexander Smolin, G, Magnitogorsk, (MHL)
7/223 David Hejduk, RHD, Wenatchee (BCHL)

Little late, but more on my draft. The Avalanche lacking a 1st and 2nd I was looking at players that fit the Avalanche's draft philosophy. They seem to like guys from Halifax, nepotism and Notre Dame recruits.

The Hejduks havethe double bonus of being sons of former Avs (like Kovalenko and Rolston) AND brothers (like the Makars). Marek is ranked in the 70's in some places so it's not as if he's a reach at 95.

Ali is headed to South Bend and sounds like a physical center.

Since all the Mooseheads and Nova Scotians went too early for me, I had to pick a couple players I liked. Kamko is Belarus and fills my fetish for players from outside the Big 7. Smolin is a pure stats pick: GP 18 GAA 1.50 pct .950 SO 3 13-2-0 in the MHL.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
My Islanders explanation:

200px-New_York_Islanders_logo_(1995%E2%80%9397).svg.png

Draft Picks:
1/11 David Jiricek, RHD, Plzen (Czech Extraliga)
2/48 Mats Lindgren, LHD, Kamloops (WHL)
5/139 Santeri Sulku, LW, Jokerit (U20 SM-sarja)
6/171 Artyom Barabosha, RHD, CSKA (MHL)

View attachment 500710

View attachment 500711

Lou is about 80 so I think he's going to take a hard run at one more Cup, but I think I found a way to do it without hurting their future.

The Varlamov trade which I ran through MCD was based on Lou had made three cap dump trades in the last couple years: Toews, Boychuk and Ladd. Outright paying to get rid of the last two. With Sorokin establishing himself Lou can swap out Varly for a traditional backup and open up $4M or so in cap space.

Both the roster and the prospect pool are weak on Dmen hence the singing of Letang and drafting Jiricek, Lindgren and Barabosha. Looking at Isles recent picks they seemed to like favor Finns and I like Sulku as a sleeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad